“Don't Get the Chicken!”

OLE Taco
Ranked #33 of 90 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Don't eat the chicken...it has a definite funny taste and I got sick afterwards. The green chili sauce is tasty but not worth the sick. Do not recommend. Place is cramped and just not a place I will return to. Glad many others have had good experience there, just wasn't my day.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

It was late, we were wondering what was open, we pass this old little building with an open sign and thought what the hell. We turned around and that was the best decision all weekend. Kathleen the server was so warm. The food was delicious. It hit the spot. Everything is homeade. Food comes out fresh and hot. I highly recommend eating there. Even inside.

2  Thank Adrienne S
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Traveled from Amarillo to Ruidoso this past weekend and, of course, had to eat twice at OLE Taco. The rellenos are the tastiest I have ever had. My wife had the house speciality - OLE Taco - the beef tacos with this dish were "melt in you mouth good". The sides include refries, rice , salad, and guacamole. The best food with the world's best waitress - Kathleen - we're glad she is still there. Sort of a hole-in-the-wall place that the locals know about.

2  Thank Roger1322
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I always go there every time I'm in ruidoso. The food is really good and cheap. The atmosphere isn't the best it's very dated and worn, there are a few tables and chairs. The best way to enjoy ole taco is to order takeout. Ruidoso has a few Mexican food restaurants but this is by far the best! I'm from Texas and I love Mexican food, give it a try and I'm sure you will be back.

1  Thank AnsleyKay
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Best REAL homemade french fries, amazing mexican food, homemade hot sauce/salsa/chile. Great, friendly service too.

1  Thank StacyCL