“Very pleased” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Sonora, Texas
“Very pleased”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

Very pleased with our three night stay at the Ruidoso location in late July. The staff was extremely helpful, when we needed to change our schedule. The room was clean--very important to us! The only problem was the shower flow; it came out too strongly, creating quite a wild spray. We mentioned it to the person at the front desk, who said she would definitely look into it. The breakfast was good; a variety of food to satisfy almost anyone's preferences. And there when you first arrive, in the lobby, a welcoming table of delicious cookies and coffee. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bradford UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights in June. Staff very helpful and knowledgable re the local area. Also allowed me to print boarding cards for transatlantic flight back to the UK, saved me loads of hassle.
Room was basic and clean. Free wifi is always a plus.
Hotel is scheduled for major refurb. Expect an increase in quality in late 2012.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NFJ999
Copperas Cove, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Clean room, staff was very helpful. Breakfast was good, well stocked and attendant was helpful and friendly. Pool was excellent!, perfect temperature! Area around the pool was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank L K
Clovis, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I got to the Hotel and the clerk was nice she even looked up a couple of taxi numbers for me although she did give some bad info about breakfast.
Then I got to my room in which I found the following; The lights in the bedroom didn’t work, an electrical outlet that didn’t cover the wiring(hazard to children), sink in the bathroom dirty, towel rack broken and propped up, curtains tattered, couch cushion torn, glass tabletop chipped it had two large chips in(hazard to children), and the coffee pot didn’t work the next morning it leaked all over the place.
I was told at check-in that breakfast was from 7:00am until 10:00am. Being the procrastinator that I am and while waiting on my coffee in my room(that went everywhere)I waited until 9:20am to go down stairs at which time I read the sign Breakfast 6:00am until 9:00am(Freaking Great). I spotted some coffee near the front desk as I’m getting my coffee I mentioned that upon check-in that I was told breakfast was 7:00am until 10:00am to which the clerk replied curtly “I DIDN’T TELL YOU THAT”, trying to remain calm I said no you didn’t check me in… Suit 254

Do Not Stay in this over priced No Tell Motel

I have pictures but I don't have the cable to down load them from my phone.

Room Tip: None here.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 19Aaron69

Travellers are raving about these Ruidoso hotels

Ruidoso, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

1/14/2012. We come to ruidoso at least once a month and thought we would try the quality inn I have stayed at many quality inns and this is by far the worse experience. Let me say that the front desk clerk was polite and courteous everything else was below standard. Upon arriving we found the pool was out of order. Our kids like to swim and the pool is a necessity I asked the manager if we could cancel our reservation without being charged and she said she could do it but wouldn't. I was shocked. If she could do it why wouldn't she;just to make $75. I don't get it. Anyway we stayed Nothing to do within walking distance. Room was dirty,and smelled of cheap air deodorizer and a little like wet dog. They have breakfast ,not too bad. My wife and daughter went to eat and asked her to bring back a plate for me and my 4yr old. Mgr stopped her and said no food can leave the eating area. So I went down and passed 2 different people carrying food out ,one was filling a small cooler with fruit and yogurt. I maintained my anger s, filled two plates and walked back to the room. Passed the mgr on the way and she didn't say a word. If you stay bring wii, iPads and toys to keep you and kids occupied. Needless to say, we abruptly checked out and checked into our favorite. Hotel ruidoso for $5 more a night. It is clean, well maintained and within waLking distance to eats,drinks, and park plus pool is just the right size

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Bill S
Levelland, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

We were in this room less than ten hours! We checked in without going to our room, and then left to go and gamble. We did not return to the motel until ten o'clock that night. We showered, went to bed, got up at eight the next morning, and left. A week later, I see the regular room charge, and then an extra forty five dollar charge on my credit card. I called them to see what was up with that, and no one could seem to figure out why I was charged the seperate charge. FINALLY, someone called me back and told me that I was being charged the extra forty five dollar fee because I marked on the sheets with an ink pen!! REALLY?? I had nothing better to do but sit around and color the sheets in a motel room? I DON'T THINK SO! That's the craziest thing that I have ever heard of! The manager that I spoke to said that the owners were going to call me about it since I obviously disputed the charge, but that has been over three weeks ago, and I'm still waiting on the phone call. The motel stinks, they have bogus fees, and the rooms are not cleaned well. If you are planning on staying in Ruidoso, book early so that you don't have to stay in this piece of crap, rip off motel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Laurie J
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

I am a self-retired Flight Attendant and have stayed at many hotels in my lifetime. I couldn't get a room at any of the most recommended places on Tripadvisor so I had to settle for here. Please note that there is NO elevator. I had to lug suitcases, 2 toddlers, and a portable crib up and down flights of stairs so if you don't/can't do stairs, you should ask for a room on the first floor.
The hotel is tired but the room was clean. I wouldn't come back to this hotel, would definitely try some other places before coming back.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you don't want to do stairs, ask for a room on the first floor or don't st...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank deltastew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruidoso
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ruidoso Inn
Comfort Inn - Midtown
#5 of 23 in Ruidoso
Shadow Mountain Lodge and Cabins
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!