Just returned from a 3 night stay at Whispering Pines Cabins over the Memorial Day weekend.
We arrived around 6:30 in the evening after a long 9 hour drive but it was well worth the trip. Ruidoso is such a pretty little town in a mountain environment, lots of neat restaurants and shops to browse, outdoor adventures, and a couple of casinos very close by for those interested in that scene. We were greeted warmly at the office even though we arrived late in the day and all our questions were answered by a very nice young woman. The cabin we choose was Deer Run and we absolutely loved the cabin! I highly recommend this cabin if you are looking for a one or two bedroom cabin. The photos do not do it justice as it has new furnishings since the photos were taken for the website. The owners have decorated in good taste and have made it very comfy and homey feeling. The master bedroom is lovely with a mantled gas fireplace and huge bathroom with a large jetted tub. The 2nd bedroom though small is sufficient for children or another couple. The 2nd bathroom was a good size and has an oversized shower with a skylight (very nice). The dining area and living room have been decorated with a southwest flair. Dining table quite large and 2 sofas in the living room look new and are extremely comfortable. Kitchen was well stocked with utensils, pots & pans, bowls, nice set of dishes, wine glasses etc.. We loved the large deck and spent quite a bit of time out there. I filled the hummingbird feeder when we arrived and we had little hummers visit us the entire time there. Also there is a family of deer that came to graze and it was a pleasure to look forward to seeing them each day sometimes throughout the day. The cabin is set off the road on a small side street and although other cabins are on this dead end road the other cabins are set off to the side at a distance not tight together. There is ample privacy when sitting on the deck. The cabin was very clean, had plenty of towels, soap, dish towels, very well equipped. We would stay at Whispering Pines again without a doubt and choose Deer Run for sure. We thank Whispering Pines and the owners of Deer Run for such a lovely stay. I only wish it wasn't such a long distance away but I am certain we will return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ruidoso New Mexico's Favorite Cabin Rentals Located in the Upper Canyon of Ruidoso in the tall Ponderosa Pine trees. Pet Friendly - King Beds - Hot Tubs - Whirlpools - Fireplaces - Ski Packages - Best Rates in Ruidoso. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Whispering Pine Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispering Pine Cabins Hotel Ruidoso
- Whispering Pine Cabins Ruidoso, New Mexico