“Great stay”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Carlsbad, New Mexico
“Great stay”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendly owner who was very sweet. We got out key to out room #17, location was next to the office and hotel alongside the main street of Ruidoso. We couldn't hear any traffic being that close. Peaceful and quiet place with comfy beds and nice clean sheets. We plan on returning again! Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SitzmarkRuidoso, Owner at Sitzmark Chalet Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let the travel community know that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are pleased you found your bed crisp and comfortable. Thanks again, and we look forward to hosting you as our guest again soon in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We only stayed here one night but it was my favorite stay so far in our three month cross-country trip. We stayed in room #26 which is upstairs and at the front. We liked it because of the three windows - the road noise did not bother us at all. It was off-season and cold at night, but our large room was cozy and we slept comfortably. I wish it was walking distance to the main downtown area, but the distance is about a mile. As others have stated, the morning muffins are great and we look forward to returning someday.

Stayed February 2014
SitzmarkRuidoso, Owner at Sitzmark Chalet Inn, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Yay! It is so nice to read that we were a positive spot in your cross country trip. Our job is to provide guests with a good night sleep in a quality room and send them off the next day with a smile. ....after muffins & coffee of course! :) I hope that is what we have done. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay with us. Enjoy the rest of your trip and we would love to have you back again as our guest.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed here as part of a road trip across New Mexico. The accomodations were well-located, and the room was just so cozy and comfortable. Very clean and nicely decorated. Would definitely recommend staying here as it was a great value!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cpmlmm
Thank you for reviewing our property and letting others know that you enjoyed your stay with us! Happy guests are our best quality :) It is nice to read that you found your room cozy, clean, and comfortable. We hope to have you back again as our guest soon!
Levelland, Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Spent the weekend at the Chalet and enjoyed every moment. The owners were so sweet and nice. The room was perfect for us. The morning muffins and coffee hit the spot. Great value and will visit again real soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We aim to provide a quality room at a fair price, and we are happy you felt we did our job :) Also, we are glad you enjoyed the morning coffee and muffins...baked fresh every morning. We hope to have you back again as guests soon.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Not fancy, an older property but cozy, comfortable and well kept with friendly and caring owners and homey touches in the rooms. Warm, homemade muffins and coffee are available in the morning and are not to be missed! We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ECandC
We would like to thank you for recently taking the time to review our property :) We are glad that you enjoyed our stay with us....and that you enjoyed our muffins and coffee!! We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon when you are visiting the Ruidoso, NM area.
Austin
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My family of 4 (including a 9 yo boy and 6 yo girl) were looking for an inexpensive place to stay for 2 nights while visiting Ruidoso. For the price you pay, this is perfect; exactly what I was looking for! Don't come here expecting giant floor to ceiling windows, granite counter tops, in room safe; it's older, but in a good way!! My allergy kid did fine. However, the Wi-Fi is free, Direct TV in room and you can secure your belongings in safety deposit boxes in the office (I did not use these). TV and Wi-Fi was great for winding down in the evening with kids. We used the sauna twice! Very cool! We stayed in room 18. What is most important to me in a hotel room is a comfortable bed and a quiet room. The beds are VERY comfy! So pleased! The pillows are too soft for my comfort but that is a personal preference, of course (and exactly why I bring my own pillow everywhere I go). I'm picky about my sleeping conditions and I slept very well here. The room was very quiet as well (and included is a bedside whitenoise sound maker!). This building is pretty old (thick walls) which I really appreciated! It is very clean and has a mini fridge and microwave. The Sitzmark doesn't have nasty sinks/bathtubs either. I also love that it has an old school key and lock because if I want to sneak out of the room for coffee in the morn, while family is sleeping, I don't wake them with a loud door like most modern hotels have. They have enclosed the walk way so that the doors do not open up to the parking lot, but a hallway with loads of windows, rather. The facility is decorated in a lot of retro and eclectic decor. It's really fun. ....retro metal lawn chairs, tic-tac-toe made of rocks, an old coin operated horse (like we had in the grocery store in the 70's). It's fun! Bathroom: a typical wall mounted hair dryer, wall mounted foam hand soap, tissues, towels. Bring anything else you need. Shower: hand pump body wash/shampoo combo. Not an issue for me either because I always bring my own shamp/cond. Enough pillows for each person to have two. Lastly, the location is closest to the beginning of town (when you come in from Roswell). It's maybe about 2 miles from downtown Ruidoso. We spend the majority of our time in Alto (Ski Apache area) and it was completely fine. This is a small town. You can go anywhere by car in 10 min, it seems. I wouldn't walk to downtown Ruidoso (where the shopping is). Prob need to drive for that. The owners live onsite. Neat place! Stay here. My family will be back!

Room Tip: We liked downstairs. Could barely hear any noise from upstairs. I just like that I didn't have...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank KeepinthePeace
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. Guests personal experiences are such a help to future travelers :) It is nice to know that you found our beds comfy, your sleep experience quiet/peaceful, and you found the joy in our eclectic décor! We aim for out of the ordinary so that you will remember your stay with us and not feel like your experience was "cookie cutter". We are also happy that you mentioned the Dohm white sound machines that we have placed in every room to make sure each guest gets a good nights sleep...this is a new amenity. Again, thanks for the review, and we hope to host you and your family again soon.
Laredo, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My son and I stayed for 4 days at this adorable place. The room was very clean and cozy. I don't really know a better way to describe it. It may not have many rooms but you gotta make reservations on time if you want to enjoy this place. I missed trying the muffins and I wish it had a restaurant, but it is in the middle of the town so you have all the places, restaurants and fun around. My son enjoyed the outside porch area playing with the snow. We really enjoyed the place.

Room Tip: there is a sauna we didnt know about.I rated swimming pool but it is a sauna, very nice place.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We are also glad that you were able to enjoy some snow and our outside common areas while you were here. Visit us again soon so that you may try the muffins! :) Thanks again!