“I can't wait to go back!”

Sitzmark Chalet Inn
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the Sitzmark Chalet Inn and we loved it! I can't wait to go back for a longer visit! Our room was very clean and I loved how they had multi-colored towels in the bathroom. It sure made it feel more like home. I was extremely happy with all the extras in the room. There was a blow dryer, iron and ironing board, microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, and air conditioning! I really loved the nice detail in their shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the shower. Everything was extremely clean and comfortable. The owners were very friendly and personable. Our kids played tic tac toe outside on one if the two picnic tables they had. It was extremely relaxing listening to the hummingbirds and breathing nice mountain air! We will be looking forward to our next visit in September! This is our new family favorite!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Nadroj023
SitzmarkRuidoso, Owner at Sitzmark Chalet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you so much for your recent review of our inn :) We are happy to know you enjoyed all of the amenities we have to offer for families...and that our extra touches lend a feeling of comfort and home. We are also glad you got to enjoy the hummingbirds on the front lawn while breathing in the cool mountain summer air. We look forward to hosting you again in September. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked a 3 night stay based on the reviews from Trip Advisor. I guess I was a little disappointed. It was a nice little motel, but on the main highway, so had lots of highway noise. The room was basic, very dated, but clean. They could spring for some new towels. They were very old and used. The pillows were way too hard for me and they didn't have different ones,. I guess I should have brought my own. The hotel does have owners on site who are very friendly. They also have an Airedale terrier, the same kind of dog that we have, so it wasn't so hard to be without our dogs during this stay. Not sure if we would stay here again if we came back.

Room Tip: Unfortunately the hotel is on the main street, so location of the room probably would not help.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rosie K

Thank you for your review. We want to start by saying we are genuinely sorry you were disappointed by your stay. We take great pride in our business and want all guests to leave feeling satisfied with their experience. First and foremost, after you mentioned our towels, we had housekeeping go through all of our linens and pull any that they felt needed replaced and do so immediately. Fresh eyes of guests are always the best indicator of those issues, so thank you. Honestly, road noise is hardly ever a complaint we get...in the summer especially...when air conditioners are running...and we have enclosed walkways? This would have been a great opportunity to try out the Dohm sound conditioners we place in every room to aid in a restful nights sleep. They are recommended by the National Sleep Institute and placed in 4 star hotels in NYC where construction noise is often a problem. The unique charm of our hotel can be missed by some if you aren't sure what to expect before arrival. It has been a mainstay of Ruidoso for many years and was built in the early 50's. We have done a ground up renovation for the last 17 years...giving it the modern amenities many require while trying not to lend the cookie cutter feel of a chain hotel. We urge everyone to visit our website at www.sitzmarkchaletinn.com where you can see pictures of each and every room before your arrival :). Even pick the one you desire! As for pillows...I travel with mine also. We all have our favorites. We keep ours here more on the fluffy side because that is what most travelers like, and I am sorry I didn't have any on the flatter side for you when you asked me. We change out our pillows often to keep them fresh. We appreciate you giving our inn a try while you were in town. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just got home from our stay in Ruidoso and the Sitzmark Chalet Inn. Such a quaint, cozy little motel that was such a pleasant surprise even after reading so many positive online reviews, which don't really do it justice. From the sweet, helpful owners offering advice on places to check out and eat during our visit to sitting outside listening to the locusts and watching the hummingbirds chasing one another as you enjoy the cool mountain air, it's the perfect place to relax. You simply cannot beat the price too. I love the cool little touches like the complimentary fruit infused water, breakfast muffins and coffee and the colorful array of washcloths, hand and bath towels. We even enjoyed lunch from Cornerstone Bakery one afternoon outside on one of the picnic tables at the motel. See...it's the little things like that that makes it a worthwhile place to stay while in Ruidoso.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Judesmommy
SitzmarkRuidoso, Owner at Sitzmark Chalet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It is guests like you who enjoy our Inn and what we have to offer that make our job fun :) We loved hearing how our little touches made your stay comfortable and memorable. That is exactly what we aim to do!! We look forward to hosting you as our guests again the next time you are in the Ruidoso area.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We found the Sitzmark by accident but love it & stay every time we return. The hotel shows pride of ownership & the owners live on site. Traffic noise is the only negative & that's really not that bad. Highly recommend !

Great muffins too Lori !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank JamieandSheri
SitzmarkRuidoso, Owner at Sitzmark Chalet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sitzmark! We love to read reviews from our repeat customers :) Glad you enjoy your stay with us and come back for more! Being close to everything does mean that we are also close to the "coming and going" of tourists...even with our enclosed walk-ways....but have you had a chance to try out our new Dohm white noise machines that we have placed in every guest room? They take a good nights sleep to a whole new level! The next time you visit, ask me about them and I will give you a presentation! :) Thanks again!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Planned a trip to see what all my friend are buzzing about ... Ruidoso. We love Estes Park but it is a two day drive from San Antonio, so I wanted to see how Ruidoso compared since it is about 9 hours with stops, driving. We picked this hotel based on Trip Advisor and as always the reviews were spot on.

Two days before we were going to leave I messed up my knee and could barely walk. I was so excited I was going anyway. Day 1 I hobbled around and by some miracle day 2 and a lot of Ibuprofen I was healed. We planned on staying three nights but one of my daughters got altitude sickness the first day.Then I did at bedtime the second day. We were both miserable, so much we packed up and left about 1:30 in the morning. Once again we have been to Estes Park, a lo,t and all through Colorado so I'm not sure what happened this trip? I wish we had made it the whole three nights. We had a lot of stuff we still wanted to do.

As far as the Hotel, It was one of my favorite little mountain hotels I've stayed at. It's a toss up between the Sitzmark Chalet and the Villa Motel in Manitou Springs as to my favorite. (It's hard to beat the view of Pike's Peak from the hot tub) Sitzmark is VERY CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Location is great. It is close enough to the hustle and bustle of Midtown but enough down the street to beat the traffic. Yes there gets to be heavy traffic in Ruidoso.

Don't think twice about booking this place and eat a muffin! But watch out for the terradactyl's. They will dive bomb you at Sonic. The only downside was the lack of snow this year. My daughter and I are photographers and we hoped to see some on the mountain tops and get some good pictures of streams. Streams were dried up and the lakes are low. I bet when all that is happening, It's really beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

So sorry you had to leave early :( ...and to read that you got altitude sickness! The elevation is about the same as Estes, so hopefully you figured out what happened and can come back and visit again soon! In the midst of it all, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are back in the area again, we would love to have you as our guests again!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Staff was wonderful friendly and helpful. Rooms are a little small but completely redone. beds are great and bathrooms are new. this place is very family freindly with lots of board games set up in the office and outdoors. it use to have a hot tub but its been replaced with a sauna.

1  Thank katie1898

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay! If you are needing a bit more space next time you visit, you might consider upgrading your room from a room with one queen bed to a room with one king size bed. The king floor plans offer a bit more space (which is why they are priced a step up)...especially if you are travelling with kids :) We would be glad to help you with any questions you may have about room options on your next visit. We are also glad you were able to enjoy our family friendly games we have placed around for entertainment!! Thanks again and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Our family of four (two parents, two teenage boys) spent one night in Ruidoso as part of a week-long Spring Break road trip. The Sitzmark Chalet Inn was a wonderful place to stay. It's very picturesque, clean, conveniently located, and despite being on a main road, the rooms were very quiet and we all had a wonderful night's sleep. Our boys loved trying out the whiskey barrel sauna. The owners have set up a sweet little sitting area out in the front, and it feels like you've escaped to a whimsical little garden. Additionally, the owners have a fun sense of decor that you'll appreciate, regardless of your age. If you're headed through Ruidoso, I'd strongly recommend Sitzmark Chalet Inn. You'll leave with memories of staying somewhere special, and want to return again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy F
SitzmarkRuidoso, Owner at Sitzmark Chalet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for your review! We are glad we could be part of your fun spring break road trip. We like hearing how your boys enjoyed the sauna, how you appreciated our unique sense of décor, and most importantly that you got a good night sleep!! Happy guests make us smile...especially when they tell others :) We would love to host you again when you are visiting the Ruidoso area.