“Amazing queso, not so amazing service”

Lucy's Mexicali Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 89 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Midland
“Amazing queso, not so amazing service”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We went for a mid-afternoon snack and drink. I have been to this place several times over the years. I love their queso with green chilies! However, no one ever waited on us. We had to go up to the bar to get drinks. Their HUGE coronarita was yum though! Maybe we caught them on a short handed day.

Visited January 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We decided to try this restaurant out due to a friends suggestion. Unfortunately I did not have the same experience as they did. When we sat at our table it was still dirty and needed to be wiped down. Overall cleanliness was a little lacking. The waiter took awhile to come over and finally take our drink order. We decided to get fajitas for the meal. I never have had fajitas take as long as it did to prepare. We finally received our food and it was decent but nothing to write home about. Tortillas seemed store bought. The service was slow and somewhat disturbing due to the waiter constantly coughing, sneezing and wiping his nose with his bare hand then immediately preparing peoples drinks etc. Most likely will not return.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank LopezAV7
tx
“Terrible people terrible food”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Never been turned away trying to order to go food but they were so rude I was stunned -then I had an appetizer at the bar and was glad I wasn't able to order for my whole family

Visited December 2013
2 Thank wabarobber
El Paso, Texas
“Woof”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

There is no excuse in this area to use preformed (old El Paso) taco shells. I had a combo plate and had the worst food I have ever eaten in this town. Taco Bell is five stars over this place

2 Thank Ltlrufo
San Angelo, Texas
“Yummy Mexican food and a great Lucy margarita.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We had great service after we begged the hostesx to let us sit in the front area. Our table of 4 enjoyed each of our entrees. The portions are large. The salsa was good, but we opted for medium green chili salsa for an extra 50 cents and loved if! The tri colored enchiladas with sides of beans, rice and a dab of guacamole were great. I preferred the brisket and chicken fillings rather than the hamburger meat.
The Lucy margarita was very good too. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013