Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown
MCM Elegante Lodge & Resort(Ruidoso)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$140
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn(Ruidoso)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$82
US$90
US$58
Good 3.5/5
Comfort Inn - Midtown(Ruidoso)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$76
US$121
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
Sitzmark Chalet Inn(Ruidoso)(Great Value!)
US$63
Great 4.5/5
Shadow Mountain Lodge and Cabins(Ruidoso)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$141
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewswithin walking distancenice hotelhot breakfastroom was cleanfront desk staffthe main streetrestaurants and shoppingi highly recommend this hoteltop floorthe hotel staffvery pleasant stayfridge and microwaveindoor poolin towngreat place to staybiscuits and gravystay there again
FilterAll languages
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Fair Oaks Ranch
Reviewed 30 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I will start by talking about the positive aspects of this hotel. It is close to Midtown and Starbucks. The breakfast is adequate, however I have never been a fan of hotel breakfast fare. The cost is average for the room we stayed in, and it was fairly clean but not pristine. The air conditioner works very well.
Now for the issues. We checked in and came back to our room later that night. I noticed that the bathroom light over the mirror was not working. I called the front desk and of course the maintenance person was gone. OK I can wing it til the morning. So we went to the front desk the next morning to make sure we were on the list to have the light fixed. A person who appeared to be with the cleaning crew was behind the desk told us we needed "to just bang on it" to get it to work. SERIOUSLY??? I'm sorry but I shouldn't have to bang on a light to get it to work. So obviously the problem was known prior to our check in. Another issue is the door has a large space with no threshold, so light and sound travel fantastically underneath.
We later returned to the light being repaired, with apologies from the gentleman at the front desk. I think the room could have been cleaner as well. I will not be staying at this hotel again. I will take my business to the Holiday Inn Express. My Mom lives in the village and will also not be recommending this hotel anymore. Sorry guys, but I think you could have done better.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Paaru, General Manager at Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

We apologize for the issues you faced. We have talked to the "comedian/housekeeper" about the comment. It was mentioned as a joke. It was of poor quality. We are a new hotel and nothing needs to be "banged" on. Our rooms are inspected daily by a head housekeeper. The housekeepers have to pass a room inspection before they get credit for a room. The GM and assitant GM also randomly inspect rooms besides the head housekeeper for each housekeeper. This review has been shared with the head housekeeper to take appropriate action. Our goal is to provide a fresh clean room to all of our guests. We thank you for the compliments also and we will make sure any issue is corrected in the future. Thankyou for bringing things to our attention.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

My wife and I decided to stop over in Ruidoso for a couple of days on our way back from Albuquerque to San Antonio. We had never been to this town or this hotel before, but we will definitely be back. The town is beautiful and this hotel is very centrally located to anything you want. We drove almost everywhere, but that's just because we really didn't know where anything was, but the hotel is so near the local restaurants and shops, we spent more time parking than actually driving there. The staff is laid back, but attentive, and very friendly (much like the town.) The rooms were clean and definitely fit our needs. We will be back in Ruidoso soon and this will likely be near the top on our places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Stayed three nights based on reviews on T/A. The hotel is in need of some updating and better cleaning. Hall carpeting is spotted and dirty. Room a bit better. Furtniture is old and worn. A/C in room worked well and was not unusually noisy, so that helped. Breakfast had no orange juice or bananas. Thermos marked hot water had water, but not even warm. Milk not labeled as to fat content. We got a good rate, so should not complain too much, but I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Paaru, General Manager at Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

We would like to thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the problems you encountered. Our hotel is less then 5 years old therefore our furniture is less then 5 years old. We have a preventive maintanence plan in place where we PM each room every month. We also have cleaning guidelines and all of our rooms are inspected daily after the cleaning before any guests are checked in to that room. Our hallway carpet is spot cleaned every week. The label for milk in breakfast area is already on order. We take great pride in providing a clean, well maintained and comfortable room to all of our guests. We will share this review with our maintenance and housekeeping department and ensure all procedures are followed as outlined. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Newer facility, nice appearance, and in a good location for exploring Ruidoso Up Town and Mid Town. Indoor pool area for the family looked well maintained, and even though my room was one door down, I didn't hear the commotion.

I wouldn't call this a destination hotel, but it provided more than adequate lodging for the one night I stayed on business.

Breakfast bar was a bit thin on variety, but there was enough to get me by.

If I were to return to Ruidoso for business or pleasure, I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are adjacent to the indoor pool. That can be a good thing or bad thing, depending upon your perspective. And if you want a view of the area, go high.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business