“Retreat”

Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located perfectly well within walking distance of many fine eateries and most importantly Starbucks. Hotel room is spacious and clean perfect for business or will be a great place when I bring my wife for a weekend getaway to ruidoso. Great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown

Reviewed 14 October 2012

We love this little town. Spent time at the Funtrack go cart racing our kids. Maze was tough. The hotel was well located: close to lots of restaurants and the mid town quaint shops. Hot breakfast of waffles,scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, plus fruit, yogurt, etc. But gave up waiting after 20 minutes for them to replace the empty hot food fair. Pool small but nice. Gym great and open 24 hours. Bring shampoo and conditioner, as they only provide shampoo and it is horrible.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Good breakfast, clean, 3 star hotel. Nice staff. No complaints! I booked it through hotwire.com for only $59 a night. There is only one elevator but it is only 3 stores high so take the stairs if you don't have luggage.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TeenaDF
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I booked this reservation on line. Usually I stick with the main chains as far as hotels go, as some of the "local" hotels are usually a disappointment. Happy to say that was not the case here. We checked in without any glitches. The hotel had plenty of convenient parking. The people were friendly and helpful at check in. Overall the hotel has been updated and in pretty good shape. The carpets in the Hallways needed to be cleaned. Our room was clean and the carpets were much better there. Updated with flat screen wall mount TV, and granite in the bathrooms and desk top. Bathrooms were spacious and had room to store your personal items. The air conditioning worked great and was not noisy. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. We stayed across from the indoor pool and I was concerned about the noise, but was not bothered at all. The love seat and bedspread really need updating as they were a little "tired" looking. But over all, it was a very good experience especially for the price on a Labor Day weekend. Didn't try the breakfast, as our favorite breakfast place was 1/2 block away at the Lincoln County Grill. Very convenient being in Midtown as you can walk to so many places. I have to say, I have stayed in some major chains where the rooms cost much more and the room left much to be desired, so this place was a nice surprise and a great rate. I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S W
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Fair Oaks Ranch
Reviewed 30 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I will start by talking about the positive aspects of this hotel. It is close to Midtown and Starbucks. The breakfast is adequate, however I have never been a fan of hotel breakfast fare. The cost is average for the room we stayed in, and it was fairly clean but not pristine. The air conditioner works very well.
Now for the issues. We checked in and came back to our room later that night. I noticed that the bathroom light over the mirror was not working. I called the front desk and of course the maintenance person was gone. OK I can wing it til the morning. So we went to the front desk the next morning to make sure we were on the list to have the light fixed. A person who appeared to be with the cleaning crew was behind the desk told us we needed "to just bang on it" to get it to work. SERIOUSLY??? I'm sorry but I shouldn't have to bang on a light to get it to work. So obviously the problem was known prior to our check in. Another issue is the door has a large space with no threshold, so light and sound travel fantastically underneath.
We later returned to the light being repaired, with apologies from the gentleman at the front desk. I think the room could have been cleaner as well. I will not be staying at this hotel again. I will take my business to the Holiday Inn Express. My Mom lives in the village and will also not be recommending this hotel anymore. Sorry guys, but I think you could have done better.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Paaru, General Manager at Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

We apologize for the issues you faced. We have talked to the "comedian/housekeeper" about the comment. It was mentioned as a joke. It was of poor quality. We are a new hotel and nothing needs to be "banged" on. Our rooms are inspected daily by a head housekeeper. The housekeepers have to pass a room inspection before they get credit for a room. The GM and assitant GM also randomly inspect rooms besides the head housekeeper for each housekeeper. This review has been shared with the head housekeeper to take appropriate action. Our goal is to provide a fresh clean room to all of our guests. We thank you for the compliments also and we will make sure any issue is corrected in the future. Thankyou for bringing things to our attention.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

My wife and I decided to stop over in Ruidoso for a couple of days on our way back from Albuquerque to San Antonio. We had never been to this town or this hotel before, but we will definitely be back. The town is beautiful and this hotel is very centrally located to anything you want. We drove almost everywhere, but that's just because we really didn't know where anything was, but the hotel is so near the local restaurants and shops, we spent more time parking than actually driving there. The staff is laid back, but attentive, and very friendly (much like the town.) The rooms were clean and definitely fit our needs. We will be back in Ruidoso soon and this will likely be near the top on our places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruidoso
Comfort Inn - Midtown
Comfort Inn - Midtown
#4 of 23 in Ruidoso
MCM Elegante Lodge & Resort
Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn
Shadow Mountain Lodge and Cabins
Quality Inn & Suites - Ruidoso Hwy 70
Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino

Been to Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown? Share your experiences!