“Clean, comfortable, and great location”

Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed in a mini king suite on the first floor. The room was large, clean, and really comfortable. The staff was kind and attentive. The hotel is well located just off the main street and very close to shopping and restaurants. Our group used the conference room at the hotel and it was well appointed and a comfortable space for an all-day meeting. Even though it is in a populated area we saw dear and other wildlife around the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
HotelRuidoso, Manager at Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our beautiful town with our wildlife roaming the streets . Our goal is to try to make each guest experience as best as possible. We hope to see you again soon. Thank You.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent if you want walking access to the shops and restaurants. The Best Western and other hotels of these kinds are a drive away and not as accessible to the main shopping area.

The staff was very helpful and kind. The rooms were very well decorated and the windows open to allow the mountain air in. The only drawback was that the beds were not as comfortable as I had hoped. It was a long day, and I needed a good night's sleep before I continued on my road trip.

I would stay here again though, just for the sake of the location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our goal is to try to make each guest experience as best as possible. I will share your review with our staff. We hope to see you again soon. Thank You.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at Hotel Ruidoso recently because I wanted a place in the center of things, which it is, and the fact that it's an independent hotel appealed to me. It is definitely a hometown operation - fairly small, consistent staff who were very accomodating in most cases. Housekeeping missed us one day, perhaps because I slept late, then went out for a few hours, came back, and when I called at 4 to ask them to please get the room done while I was gone, they were already off the premesis. I never tried the breakfast, but my husband said it was fairly unsubstantial and the eggs were as bad as previous reviews advertised. If you're feeding a large group with kids, I'm sure you could manage and save a lot of money everyday. We did love the location, very convenient, easy parking, easy access in and out. Prices on rooms go up and down, depending on day of the week, and occupancy - the sooner you get your resevation, the lower the price will be, so plan ahead as far as you can. Pretty reasonable cost, and a decent bargain for your money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelRuidoso, Manager at Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review our Hotel. We strive to make each guest feel welcome and special. I do apologize that housekeeping missed your room the one day. Hotel policies are if a Do Not Disturb sign is on a guest door then that is what the staff is expected to do is not Disturb our guests. We are glad you enjoyed our beautiful town and hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We visited on July 14 and the hotel was perfectly located for restaurants, shopping and entertainment in Ruidoso. The hotel was newer than it's neighbors with comfortable bedding. The biggest problem was the room fragrance that the housekeeping staff used was totally overpowering. We had to open the window to air the room out. In addition, the upstairs hallway windowsills were dusty enough that children had drawn pictures. Breakfast room staff was lackadaisical at best. Desk staff was seen taking smoking break right outside the front door. There is a lot if potential in this hotel and with a little tweaking, this could be a great place to stay.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. Construction criticism is always welcome as we are always trying to improve our services, staff and customer service. I have taken your review and used it as a training tool for our staff. I hope to see you are Hotel Ruidoso in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We checked in on July 11th. Hotel staff was very nice We had 3 more rooms reserved for the weekend Staff accommodated us by putting us in side by side rooms. Breakfast was not great, eggs were horrible. We chose this hotel because it did not allow pets. But people came an went thru the back door by the elevator with dogs in their arms. I reported this but when we left on Sun morning they were on the elevator with the dogs. I left a mirror in the bathroom, I called and gave them my credit card to mail it. But 2 weeks later I called again and they are waiting for manager to get back in town next week Very poor run.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding our Hotel. We have made some changes in our breakfast selections and hopefully this will help the quality of the eggs. As far as the hand mirror that was left in the hotel room I do apologize that it took a bit to get it returned to you. We do have certain procedures to follow regarding using guest credit cards to return forgotten items. I hope this did not cause to much Inconvenience for you as I was away from the hotel for a couple of days. Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Staff is friendly. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Microwave and refrigerator were clean. Bathroom is nice. Towels are white and stain free. Hot breakfast was delicious. Will definitely stay here again next trip to Ruidoso.

Room Tip: Room 303 was great for us. Can't think of anything.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Paaru, General Manager at Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our goal is to try to make each guest experience as best as possible. We hope to see you again soon. Thank You.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had a very nice room, great bathroom, friendly staff, smooth check in and check out. We used the business center and skipped the free breakfast. Opted to pay and eat at Cornerstone Bakery and Cafe which was fantastic. The room had a fridge and microwave. Great area but they roll up the side walks between 5 pm and 6 pm. So after dinner there is nothing to do in the area. But the area is beautiful! Mountains everywhere. A great place to over night during your travels. We picked it as an option to staying in Roswell and we made the right choice. Don't overnight in Roswell. Just enjoy a few hours there!

Room Tip: Overnight here instead of Roswell.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Paaru, General Manager at Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for the feedback on your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our location allows our guests to enjoy downtown Ruidoso entertainment district without the need of a car. We are within walking distance to area shops, restaurants, galleries, and lounges. We hope you see you again soon. Thank You.