“So relaxing!”
other travellers have booked this property
Papa Bears Cabin
Driveway is steep and in Winter Weather can be icy!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Papa Bears Cabin
Driveway is steep and in Winter Weather can be icy!
Gas fireplace in the living area with TV and WiFi!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Abilene
“So relaxing!”
Reviewed 30 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

This was hands down the most relaxing vacation ever! The cabin is beautifully decorated and very clean! I'm kind of a nut on the clean thing, so this was a great start to our stay! Every morning I would wake up to deer coming to visit. They love carrots, apples, and high protein alfalfa based food. The cabin is just a couple minutes from the downtown shopping and dining so it was easy to get to shopping for souvenirs for poor family members that were at home slaving away. On our last day, there was a very spectacular thunderstorm. So I took advantage of the washer and dryer and did all of our laundry so when we got home I just had to put our clothes away! I can't wait to go back next summer! I think the deer miss me. Please feed them for me when you go. And you should definitely go!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Gale G
“Best bang for BUCK in Ruidoso!!”
Reviewed 4 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

Notice the pun? That is because we saw at least 100 deer in 4 days while sitting on the porch. Crazy. We also saw numerous huge elk in the neighborhood. This is a very well equipped cabin (it's a mobile but well decked out in a very comfortable cabin motif with that cool retro feel and large deck). We could not have been more comfortable or relaxed had we spent double the $$. At this price point I'd be lucky to find a tiny condo or hotel/motel in the area. We cooked a meal almost every day and wanted for nothing in this kitchen. Loved the gas grill and gas fire pit. The driveway is typical Ruidoso driveway. Go up one side and down the other no issues. Kids had a great time with the hummingbirds. I highly recommend this cabin, plenty of room for 6. But noticed they had great futon and a sleeper sofa which we did not use. Our laso apso was welcomed happily. We come to Ruidoso multiple times a year and this will be my go to place from now on. Can't wait to return during race season and ski season.

darrel s
“A good experience”
Reviewed 4 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

The cabin was very nice and in a good location. It was so peaceful the entire time we were there. We sat and watched the deer .

Liked best: Location peaceful surrounding
Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
zdicky44
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very nice cabin and clean”
Reviewed 22 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay at this cabin. When we walked in it was very clean and had everything we needed. We loved using the fireplace. And the firepit on the porch was also a great addition. We had deer around the house every morning and evenning and sometimes in the afternoon. The only thing is the driveway is hard to get in and out of being so steep and skinny but other than that this is a great cabin and would plan a trip to stay at this cabin again.

Liked best: Cleanliness
Liked least: Driveway
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
M J
Lubbock, Texas
“Loved our ski weekend!!”
Reviewed 7 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

We had a couples ski weekend with some friends. Layout was so cute! We used sliding door most, which opens into a really cute den with a cabinet full of games and puzzles, cute furniture, very rustic with a great futon ( want one, Yup that comfy). A step up and you are in the living room/ kitchen/dining open area. The whole place felt open and was larger then you'd think driving up. This IS an older mobile/manufactured home. It's cute outside and updated but at first I thought utoh. But when we entered it was just so cute and cozy. Main living area had great gas fireplace and big TV with cable and wifi. Kitchen had it all. We didn't cook a lot but we braved the cold and grilled steaks and fried potatoes on night and used the Keurig coffee maker daily. That was a nice touch. Bathrooms were big and clean but probably could use renovation as you can tell original but really no complaints. Beds were AWESOME. Sooo comfy. I look at every mattress I sleep on in a hotel or what have you and sometimes wish I hadn't. (Scared of bed bugs lol) These were covered by beautiful linens and comfy pads. But they were like brand new mattresses and sooo comfy. I slept better on these then home. Very neat and clean and large walk in closets with TV in all rooms. Hubby sleeps with tv on so this was a huge plus for him. We did buy some gas to utilize the fire pit and that was probably my fave thing of the weekend. I will say the drive way is steep and being winter glad we had a 4wheel drive. Summer shouldn't be an issue and we are already planning on renting for a week this summer with our 4 kids!! Can't wait to come back!

1234Miche...
Fort Worth, Texas
“So Cute, Cozy and relaxing!!!”
Reviewed 23 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

This place is sooo super cute and cozy! When we were first driving up i was wondering about it but when we got in, it was just AWESOME!! It's exactly what i had in my mind of what a cute little cabin in the woods would be like, only it was't all that little!! The furniture is rustic and the fireplace is GREAT! There are Flat Scren TV's in every room and it was sooo clean and did i say CUTE? I slept so great on the beds that i had to ask what kind of bed it was. I want one! I loved sitting on the patio drinking my coffee and watching the deer come up, I didn't want to leave, I was so amazed how great this place was. The kitchen has everything you need. I can't wait to go back, however next time i want to stay longer. When i first got there I was all tense and stressed, by the first 2 hours of being there all my stress just melted away. I will have to say of all my favorite parts it was sitting on the patio watching the deer, i couldn't believe how close they come up to the cabin. I could see them bat their eyelashes! LOL I'm so excited to know about this place and can't wait to take my kids and Grandkids!! :)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The patio and surrounding trees and deer, the cleanliness, the decor!
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing