“Great price, great service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruidoso Mountain Inn

Ruidoso Mountain Inn
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Houston, TX
“Great price, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

We (2 kids & 2 adults) stayed at this place for 2 nights and had a great experience. I'd made numerous phone calls to make changes & not only was the staff patient, they were super friendly. We had a reservation mixup that would have cost us twice for the correct night. After speaking to the manager & explaining the situation, the manager was very nice to reduce the price for the night we needed to check in. We had no trouble checking in and the staff during our stay from the receptionist to the cleaning staff were great. The room was clean & although we asked that it not be cleaned during our stay, the cleaning lady was very gracious & helpful. Can't say enough good things.... ;)

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Don't waste your money, hotel is below average at best. Girl at front desk was rude and acted completely put out when I asked her for a crib. The facility needs a major face lift. The tub jets were broken, the room was dingy and falling apart. We got a suite hoping it would be a little nicer, not the case. The only positive thing was a quiet room. Overall I'm not I'm not impressed and will never be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RRMart

Travellers are raving about these Ruidoso hotels

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

I wanted to see snow, gamble and ski for the holidays, not knowing the area, I selected the holiday inn exp and used my priority club rewards... 20k points per night is a bit steep. Located within 2 miles to stores, midtown and casinos in any direction. It looks and feels new. Free breakfast on the weekdays ends at 930 and has a good selection, plus cookies in the evening. It would be nice if they would leave some food out until 11am for those who sleep late from a long travel. if I owned a 4 wheel drive suv, I would go to a cabin next time for a more romantic setting. But no complains about my stay, espepcially free! Next stop is the holiday inn, riverwalk in san antonio... 25k points per night.

• Stayed December 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

The room is fair, needs updating. For the price we paid, I expected a little more but our carpet in the room had a large bleach stain near the sink.
While checking, the staff was plain out rude and unfriendly. Not once did the reception area say Thank you, welcome or ask if we had any problems while we checked out. A lady receptionist did remind me to take a tray up to the room if we were going to get breakfast to go, Gee- You think? I am not that dumb and obviously, if I wanted to take breakfast to my room for two, I probably would need a tray.
I am a priority rewards member, and next time I am in town, I will be staying somewhere else. I don't enjoy paying a high price to be treated rudely and an "okay room."

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gina B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ruidoso Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear Gina B,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I am pleased that you found our location convenient. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the difficulties you had experienced with the hotel staff. . I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

We have come for the Golden Aspen Rally for three years now and always stay here. We love it. The people are great and it is very clean. We also like that it is very quiet for a biker rally. We will see you next year!

• Stayed September 2012
McAllen, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

Friendly receptionist she was very helpful and informative of what areas to visit and dine at. The hotel offers hot breakfast, the lady attending the breakfast area was constantly cleaning any dirty tables people would leave behind. She kept attending to everyone need. I would stay their again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 960Salinas
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

If youre looking for a good pillow and a nice mattress, you had better bring your own. We are Platnum Members and we travel alot. We were disappointed with the dated room and we were VERY disappointed with the worn out mattress and pillows. The pillows smelled and were just pieces of fluff in a pillow case that caused your head to hit the mattress when you laid it down to rest. I mean really? We wasted 20,000 Priority Club pts on this hotel??
On the up-side, the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful but we knew they were hindered by the lack of quality of the room....

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family