“A bit over priced..”

Ruidoso Mountain Inn
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
“A bit over priced..”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Just stayed here. Had reservations for a few months. They reserved the rooms for $159.. Pull up to hotel and peoe in front of us check in for $69. We had 3 rooms and they would not budge on price.. Is hotel worth $69? Yes!!! $159.00 NO!!!!!!! Felt like I got ripped off!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Littlestrib

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We went down to Ruidoso this weekend for my husbands birthday. I made the reservation online before we left the house. Upon checking in, a staff member named Melinda was at the counter to help me. She was VERY rude. She told me that she could not find my reservation under my last name so I pulled up the confirmation email on my phone. At the top of the email it CLEARLY stated RUIDOSO MOUNTAIN INN with my confirmation number. She told me that it wasn't one of their confirmation numbers and that I must be at the wrong hotel. So I pointed at it and very slowly and clearly read it to her (trying to make a point). Then she grabs my phone and starts scrolling through the email and typing numbers into the computer. She never could find my reservation (although by this time I'm not even sure she was really looking). She was about to send me away when I finally asked her if I could just have another room. I cancelled my first reservation from my phone so that I wouldn't get charged twice. The hotel lobby is nice but the rooms are outdated and desperately need a face lift. Not impressed.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank true2myself

Travellers are raving about these Ruidoso hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We had stayed here when it was a Holiday Inn Express and enjoyed our stay. After I booked the room, the name changed and the reviews made me wonder if I had made a mistake. We did, however, have an enjoyable stay and are fears were unfounded. The service was good, the room was nice and the breakfast was good. Would consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Bronte, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We are platinum Holiday Inn Members. We have stayed there several times over the years and each time it got a little more run down!! I said the last time we stayed there NEVER AGAIN!! The rooms are okay but the staff is TERRIBLE !! Rude not helpful at all !! In fact they don't even look up when you come in the door!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cynthia L
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

Rented 2 rooms for a weekend stay (4 adults 3 kids). It is located at the entrance of town. We find this convenient to avoid traffic jamms when the snow gets ugly and as we exit to go back home. The staff is friendly And the rooms are basic but clean. Two inconveniences were the slow Internet connection ( it is offered free) and one of the beds was extremely uncomfortable( hard , lumpy and springy) The others were ok. The complementary continental breakfast included staples such as pre mAde waffles, toast, beagles, mini muffins, cinnamon rolls, cereal assortment, OJ, milk apple juice and coffee. They also had oatmeal packets, saussage links and bananas. It is a good value for the price.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank GreatApetito
Houston, TX
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

We (2 kids & 2 adults) stayed at this place for 2 nights and had a great experience. I'd made numerous phone calls to make changes & not only was the staff patient, they were super friendly. We had a reservation mixup that would have cost us twice for the correct night. After speaking to the manager & explaining the situation, the manager was very nice to reduce the price for the night we needed to check in. We had no trouble checking in and the staff during our stay from the receptionist to the cleaning staff were great. The room was clean & although we asked that it not be cleaned during our stay, the cleaning lady was very gracious & helpful. Can't say enough good things.... ;)

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Don't waste your money, hotel is below average at best. Girl at front desk was rude and acted completely put out when I asked her for a crib. The facility needs a major face lift. The tub jets were broken, the room was dingy and falling apart. We got a suite hoping it would be a little nicer, not the case. The only positive thing was a quiet room. Overall I'm not I'm not impressed and will never be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012