“Very Rude Staff”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
“Very Rude Staff”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The woman at front desk needs lessons in customer service. She acted like she was mad because we booked our rooms on line. There was a mix up one of our rooms should have been canceled but it ended up being two canceled. Then she jacked the rate up on the room we needed. The ice machine on our floor did not work,the fridge in the room did not work. Toilet would only flush if held handle down for complete flush. One Needed to change one room from single to double beds she just said that's what you booked that's what you get. Never will stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Overall, the customer service at this hotel was very poor. The manager on duty was not friendly or helpful at all, she was sarcastic, condescending, unprofessional and rude. Not the kind of person you'd like to meet and deal with after traveling for so many hours by car/plane. Hotel staff, especially the management, should try their best to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Granted, all hotels are different, depending on many factors, eg location, brand name, prestige, history, ammenties, etc. However, all guests have general basic expectations for any hotel stay. You want a safe, comfortable, and clean room. You want all the room's amenities/applicances to be properly working. If you don't know the answer to a question, don't just stop at "I don't know", try to find the answer out and get back to the guest. When a guest brings something to your attention, eg lack of hot water in the shower/bath, apologize for the inconvenience, and do something about it. "Well, what do you want me to do about it?" and "There's nothing I can do." are not the ways to run a successful business. The staff would greatly benefit from additional training. A discounted rate was eventually provided.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank VictorATX

Travellers are raving about these Ruidoso hotels

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this reservation for a weekend stay for $69 a night. Other then the carpet stains this hotel was clean and well kept. Staff was friendly and knowledgable. The only real complaint I had were my neighbors on the same floor as I. My boyfriend and I were trying to sleep in and the walls were so thin you can hear their conversations in the hall way. That kept us awake.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda R
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Just stayed here. Had reservations for a few months. They reserved the rooms for $159.. Pull up to hotel and peoe in front of us check in for $69. We had 3 rooms and they would not budge on price.. Is hotel worth $69? Yes!!! $159.00 NO!!!!!!! Felt like I got ripped off!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Littlestrib
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We went down to Ruidoso this weekend for my husbands birthday. I made the reservation online before we left the house. Upon checking in, a staff member named Melinda was at the counter to help me. She was VERY rude. She told me that she could not find my reservation under my last name so I pulled up the confirmation email on my phone. At the top of the email it CLEARLY stated RUIDOSO MOUNTAIN INN with my confirmation number. She told me that it wasn't one of their confirmation numbers and that I must be at the wrong hotel. So I pointed at it and very slowly and clearly read it to her (trying to make a point). Then she grabs my phone and starts scrolling through the email and typing numbers into the computer. She never could find my reservation (although by this time I'm not even sure she was really looking). She was about to send me away when I finally asked her if I could just have another room. I cancelled my first reservation from my phone so that I wouldn't get charged twice. The hotel lobby is nice but the rooms are outdated and desperately need a face lift. Not impressed.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank true2myself
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We had stayed here when it was a Holiday Inn Express and enjoyed our stay. After I booked the room, the name changed and the reviews made me wonder if I had made a mistake. We did, however, have an enjoyable stay and are fears were unfounded. The service was good, the room was nice and the breakfast was good. Would consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Bronte, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We are platinum Holiday Inn Members. We have stayed there several times over the years and each time it got a little more run down!! I said the last time we stayed there NEVER AGAIN!! The rooms are okay but the staff is TERRIBLE !! Rude not helpful at all !! In fact they don't even look up when you come in the door!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple