“Memories for a Lifetime. Dream of returning someday!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Londolozi Private Granite Suites
Reviewed 8 March 2013

It's been 4 months since our honeymoon, but I remember every moment of our stay at Londolozi. From the moment we touched down on the airstrip to the rainy afternoon we left this amazing place, the staff at Londolozi made us feel at home and like family. There's no better way to describe how well taken care of we were during our time at the Granite Suites Camp.

To say our expectations were set high would be an understatement. My wife and I had wanted to go to South Africa and go on a safari for our honeymoon and one of my groomsmen recommended Londolozi. He and his wife swore by this place and said we would love it. After I visited the website and saw the gorgeous accommodations and the glowing reviews, I knew this was where we wanted to go. So we ended up planning our entire honeymoon around the availability of the Granite Suites. I researched the other high end game reserve lodges like Singita but trusted my friend's strong endorsement. Yet even with these lofty expectations, we were far from disappointed. In fact, the experience blew us away and we could not have predicted what a magical experience it would be for us. We still look back fondly on the photos and dream of being back in the lodge with Jess, Johann, Tom and Jerry again.

The suite: We loved our private suite. It was very private, so it was perfect for a honeymoon. We had our own plunge pool with a waterfall fixture that was a really nice touch. The patio was nice and relaxing to lounge out on and watch wild animals just roaming by. We had a number of baboon guests come through and one day while I was in the living room, I looked out the window and saw a herd of about ten or twelve elephants walk by! The suite itself was thoughtfully designed and decorated in a sophisticated and modern way. One night, the staff even set up a romantic dinner outside on our patio for my wife and I. We dined by moonlight and gas lanterns with rose petals scattered around. I could not have imagined a more picturesque dinner if I tried. It's an indication of how far the staff goes above and beyond to make your experience special.

The Food/Lodge: For meals and before game drives we would meet in the camp's common lodge area which was very comfortable with a patio that overlooked the riverbed. There we were constantly being fed the most delicious meals and spectacular local wines by Johann and the chefs. He was a gentle giant that was always attentive to our every need. Jess was managing the camp during our stay and she was also very helpful. We forgot to bring sunscreen and she went and got some from the shop for us. She also helped take care our flight situation when we found that our flights might have been canceled from JFK back to SFO because of a winter storm.

The Game Drives/Safari: Our driver was Tom and our tracker was Jerry. We couldn't have made it up if we wanted to. But they were just as entertaining as a cat and mouse and we enjoyed every single game drive we went on. We didn't know how they did it, but they managed to find us leopards, lions, hippos, elephants, zebras, hyenas, rhinos and more. My wife is not a morning person, but she was up bright and early before 5am every day for our morning drives because she eagerly anticipated the animals we would get to see. Every single game drive is different, with an unpredictable story written by the wildlife. We stayed for 3 nights and went on a total of 6 game drives. Because Granite Suites is the smallest camp with only 3 suites, one night we were the only guests in the suites so we had a private evening drive and a private morning drive. It was just Tom, Jerry, my wife and myself. I still vividly remember all of our game drives like they were yesterday. They both took such good care of us, whether it was making us our morning biscuits and tea/coffee, setting up the beanbags for my camera, or keeping us dry with panchos during a drizzly morning drive, Tom and Jerry were the best and we won't soon forget them. You'll be lucky if you have them!

Londolozi is truly extraordinary. They really do treat you like an extended family and I guarantee you that you will be hugging every member of the staff goodbye when you depart. You will be gripping them tightly because you won't want to leave! We took a stroll around to the other camps and look forward to the day when we can bring our kids back here someday. Yes, it seems like it's pricey. But if you budget the luxury suite, the exquisite food, the outstanding service and the multiple daily game drives, it ends up being a steal. I couldn't recommend any experience more highly than I recommend Londolozi Game Reserve.

4  Thank dlu415
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Granite Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear Dlu415,

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to put it all down in writing, I will be sure this amazing feedback gets to all the staff involved in making your experience so enjoyable!

Congratulations on your honeymoon and we hope you will be returning for an anniversary!!

Reviewed 27 January 2013

From the moment we arrived at this beautiful oasis in the gorgeous Kruger Park area we were treated like Royalty. Our ranger, Lucien, was a continual wealth of knowledge and answered every question we had about the game and birds as if he was a walking textbook. He, like his darling friend, Nadia, were the best hosts and even shared meals with us. The food was great and very plentiful and the special things that they did for us were big surprises. My favorite was the cocktail party in the river!!!!! The suite was beautiful and so well kept. Of course we loved the plunge pool especially when some game would walk by. The massages were as good as any I have had anywhere and we really enjoyed our visit to the staff village where we learned mor about tribal life. We will never forget this visit to our South African paradise. Thanks to all who made our trip special especially Lucien, Nadia, Momsa and James our valiant tracker!

Room Tip: Granite suite 3 was so lovely
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Granite Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Hi Diane,

Thank you for your kind words about all the staff at Private Granite Suites, I will be sure to pass them on to them all! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much. Hopefully you can have your 'safari fix' by visiting our blog.

Much Love

Reviewed 16 January 2013

we stayed here for a portion of our honeymoon - and it was unforgettable. The animals are amazing, the very private safari experience outstanding, the rooms exquisite - our suite about the size of our summer house! - but most of all the people and service were amazing. Jess, Rich, Oxide, Johanne, and others took great care of us - we felt like part of the family after 4 days being pampered by them, including a surprise candlelight private dinner on our deck one night, surrounding by lanterns they'd hung in the trees for light and to keep the baboons away. We will go back one day, and until then enjoy the memories.

Hi Bruce

So happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable honeymoon at Londolozi Private Granite Suites. Jess, Rich, Oxide and Johan thoroughly enjoyed having you and send their regards. Looking to welcoming you back, maybe for an anniversary trip!

Much Love

Reviewed 16 January 2013

My wife and I spent a few days here while we were on a month long safari in South Africa. A couple of years ago we stayed at the Tree camp lodge at Londolozi and it was spectacular. This time we tried the Granite Suites WOW!! The lodge is beautiful but the rooms and setting is off the charts. We had all our meals in our rooms it was that hard to leave except to go on safari. The lodge, rooms, food and friendly service were all at least a five star. The last time we stayed at Londolozi we had Helen as our safari ranger we had such a great time together we requested her again for this stay. We certainly were not disappointed. The viewing of the big five was no problem but the other highlights were some of the best we have ever seen. We tracked down a lioness with her eight week old cubs and watched them play in the open savanna for about a half an hour all by are selfs. Then we tracked down the Majingilane (3)) black mane male lions. We also saw three different leopards two were big old scared up males. We also watched a Hyena with a impala kill. The safari was all you could ever ask for. A special Thank you to our safari guide HELEN not only was she an exceptional guide but so much fun to be around. We miss you and Londolozi and can't wait to come back next time we are on safari in South Africa. Bob & Linda Nichols

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Hi Bob and Linda,

It was so wonderful to welcome you back to Londolozi. So good to hear that your expectations from your first visit were met in Private Granite Camp. We will send your lovely words onto Helen. Look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Our stay at Londolozi was incredible. We were in Granite 3 for 4 nights. The staff was incredible and treated us like royalty. Jess and Noomsa worked hard to make our stay in Granite just perfect. We had a special romantic afternoon all alone as well as a romantic dinner and rose petal covered room. Our safari team of Tom and Jerry was simply the best. They were knowledgable, entertaining, and we saw the most awesome animal sightings each day. Yes, I cried when we left. We are already planning our return trip for next year! Highest praise!

Room Tip: Granite suites are the best!

Hi FlyMeToKahtmandu,

Thank you for the review on Private Granite Suites. It was so wonderful to have you with us, Jess and Nomsa send their regards! Look forward to seeing you with us in the future, until then hopefully you can get your safari fix on our blog.

Much love

Reviewed 14 April 2012

My surprise 50th Birthday present from my brother, South Africa starting in the Cape Grace, Cape Town, moving on to the Delaire Graff Lodge and finally the completion of our African Adventure to Granite Suite No. 1 Londolozi (such luxury and incredibe bush views from the lodge and timely baboons arriving to welcome us)

We have had the most fantastic experience at Londolozi, 4 nights in luxury accommodation being looked after by Kirsty our Camp Manager and her lovely team. We struck lucky with Adam, our Ranger and Solomon, our Tracker from whom we learned a great deal. The massage was great too, thank you Rebecca and thanks to you too BJ for my first Reike session.

From the minute we arrived until the minute we left we felt so looked after and that nothing was too much trouble. The drives and wildlife you see are indescribable and only those who have experienced it will understand what I mean. Getting up at 05:00 hours morning was an absolutely pleasure (and I am not known for my early mornings!!) knowing that you would be out on the Sabi Sand Reserve for up to 4 hours and then again at 15:45 hours out until 20:00 hours or so. Morning drinks in the bush (mine I named as Solomon's Specials, as I had hot chocolate with Amarula) and sundowners in the evenings. Our walk in the bush with Adam and Solomon was wonderful too.

Meals were great and evenings different and fun and we loved the Londolozi Ladies Choir and dancing.

Can't thank you enough Londolozi for helping give me the greatest adventure of my life.

Carpe Diem

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ceebs3
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Granite Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Ceebs3,

How wonderful to hear what a special 50th birthday present you were given by your brother and how delighted we were that you visited us at Londolozi. Your feedback is truly wonderful and I will be sure to pass it onto the Granite Suites staff, as well as BJ, Adam and Solly.

You have described your experience at Londolozi so beautifully and touched on all the special points that make a safari with us such a unique adventure.

The entire Londolozi Family looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another bush adventure.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

We just got back from our 10-day honeymoon in South Africa. We stayed in the Granite Suite for 2 nights and the Tree Camp for one night. Services at both camps were fantastic. Our room at the Granite was much newer and nicer. But both camps served pretty much the same food. Personally, I enjoyed the game drives at the Tree Camp more because the ranger (Tom) and tracker (Jerry) were very knowledgeable. We learned a lot from them.

We had a wonderful time there. However, with the high price tag, wine selections were very limited and food was just ok.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank uptown_girlNY
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Granite Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear uptown_girlNY,

Many thanks for your kind review, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed such fantastic service as well as game drives with Tom and Jerry in particular. We most certainly acknowledge your point on the food and wine and will work towards improving both in the year ahead. Thanks again for taking the time to review us,

Best regards,

#11 of 43 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Londolozi Private Game Reserve
#2 of 43 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve

Been to Londolozi Private Granite Suites? Share your experiences!