Our Titan Tour 'The Best of South Africa' included a 3 day stay at the Mala Mala Private game reserve. this was a truly unforgettable experience. Our superb accommodation, excellent food, the friendliness of all the Staff and Rangers was exceptional. Matthew our Ranger was very knowledgeable, on all aspects of the questions we asked him. we saw the 'Big Five' twice and more, during our 4 Safari's with him. We will never forget the Pride of Lions walking past our Land Rover in the dark, I could have reached out and touched them!!! at the same time the Impala and bucks , were sounding the alarm that Lions were in the area... I have just read some of the previous reviews and disagree with their description of the overall Lodge. I must add the whole place had a quaint charm about it which blends in with the atmosphere of the place.
I would most certainly recommend Mala Mala as 3 day Safari Holiday......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MalaMala Game Reserve is the Safari Industry's blueprint to the luxury photographic safari. In existence since 1927, this massive thriving tract of land produces the most exciting wildlife experience this side of the equator. MalaMala Game Reserve is the largest private Big Five game reserve in South Africa. Comprising 13 300 ha (33 000 acres), MalaMala shares a 19 km (12 mile) unfenced border with the world-renowned Kruger National Park, and lies strategically sandwiched between the National Park and the Sabi Sand Reserve. For over four decades, Michael Rattray has remained focused on his objective to preserve and protect the land over which he is custodian. Allowing nature to move to its innate rhythm, guests experience today what the forefathers of the African Safari would have experienced at the turn of the century. This philosophy has paid off, as experienced by a veritable collection of photojournalists and film-makers who have made MalaMala their destination of choice to capture footage of wildlife viewing that would rival any Hollywood production for thrilling and breathtaking animal encounters. MalaMala's Camps (MalaMala Main Camp, Sable Camp and Rattray's on MalaMala) are the embodiment of an authentic safari experience pioneered at a time when the safari was simple - unassuming camps, vast sweeping plains, the African sky and the bush in all its splendour. Wellness was the feeling after a long day in the wild. Cigars were shared without pomp and ceremony. Guests to MalaMala will still spend hours beneath an inky sky in the traditional boma exchanging stories from the wild - a sumptuous meal, good company and relaxed faces warmed by the crackling fire, accompanied by the nocturnal symphony of sound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your MalaMala Main Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mala Mala Main Camp Hotel Mala Mala Private Game Reserve
- MalaMala Main Camp Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa