“Fantastic Safari”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balule Nature Reserve
Tremisana Game Lodge
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Very kind and caring staff who made me feel very accommodated as a solo traveler. Fantastic and authentic meals and service. The game drives and excursions were truly amazing. I did a three-day and would absolutely have loved to stay for the longer itineraries. Would recommend to ANYONE who is traveling to Kruger Park area.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank topher1492

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed here for the second year running this Summer. Excellent value and some superb sightings. The guides clearly love the environment and wildlife - particular thanks to Bongani, Ashleigh and Patrick, to mention just a few of them. Their knowledge and skill enabled some thoroughly fantastic viewing and photography.The lodge itself is extremely clean and comfortable, with high quality food served in the mornings and particularly in the evening meal.

All in all, I can thoroughly recommend this lodge. Outstanding service - nothing is too much trouble for Alice and the team. I suspect I will be returning again...

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mark F
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Tremisana Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Hi Mark

Thank you for a brilliant review !

I am very pleased that, on your second safari with Viva Safaris, you found excellent value and superb sightings.

Our guides are really pleased with your report - Bongani, Ashleigh and Patrick send their warmest wishes.

I am pleased that you mention how good Alice is - she is a real jewel !

I too suspect that you will return yet again - please know that you will always be extremely welcome !

Kind regards

Piero

General Manager, Viva Safaris

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Rai is a great hostess who took care of our schedules from the first day we got there. I especially enjoyed our conversations about everything and anything in between the meals and game drives out in the lapa area.

The rangers are just eagle eyed and full of knowledge and hilarious animal stories. Special thanks to Wes, Tex, Raymond! We saw loads of animals even a closer than expected encounter with the oliphants! Also memorable was our breakfast with the hippos by the river... oh simply a highlight!

Food was always delish and I especially love the 8 O'clock mass dinner where everyone can catch up and reflect on the day's sightings!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My friend and I stayed in a family room so we had lots of room to spread out. The beds were very comfy, the water hot and strong and the rooms clean.
The food was fabulous - the soup at night and special bread were delicious - and the recipe secret, though we asked for it! We were able to try Impala stew (yum) and lots of traditional African food as well as more normal fare.The day and night safaris were informative and we saw many different animals at close quarters - have some amazing photos!
We stayed for 4 nights and 5 days which was a very relaxing experience - it meant a couple of days where we had a few hours in the middle of the day to chill. I'm sure the 3 night package would be fine to see many animals but would be a little busier.
The staff were helpful but not intrusive and I highly recommend this package to anyone, old or young.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Narelle D
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I did a three night, four day Safari with Viva Safaris last weekend. I stayed at the Tremisana Lodge for two nights and at Marc's Tree House for one night. Overall I had a great weekend. My room at Tremisana was spacious and extremely clean. The bed was comfortable, with a thick mattress and a warm duvet. I was not cold during the night despite it being winter. There was high pressure hot water in the shower. The room was totally closed in (i.e., no holes in the thatch roof or walls) and climate controlled. So it felt very luxurious despite the fact that we were out in the African bush.

There was plenty of food for dinner, and wine was reasonably priced at about USD 1.50 per glass (paid in Rand, of course). The night safari was fun, and the following full day in Kruger was a blast. We got to see almost all of the animals up close and personal from the truck. The next day we did a five hour hike in the Balule game reserve. This is really about the same as Kruger Park itself - there are no fences between it and Kruger so you can see all of the same foliage and animals. We did another evening drive that night as well.

My last night I moved to Marc's Tree House. This definitively does not have a luxury feel to it. These are makeshift cabins made of bamboo and wood with thatch roofs. The windows have bars over them but there is no glass, so you can hear and see the animals from your room. Bugs can of course easily get in. The roof also has a gap between it and the wall (covered with wire so animals including monkeys cannot easily get in). Some of the cabins do not have their own bathrooms and instead you have to walk to the toilet and shower outside.

Staying in the tree house was certainly an interesting experience. You need to be the kind of person who really enjoys the outdoors and camping if you are going to stay in the tree house. Just keep that in mind when you book. If you think you'd rather take a pass on that, just book all of your nights at Tremisana instead.

The hostesses at Tremisana and the tree house were both great - they were upbeat, polite, and helpful. They let me borrow a cell phone to make a reservation at a hostel back in Johannesburg for after my trip.

This is a good safari to book for young people, and particularly for solo travelers. I went alone but there was a good group of other young tourists there and we spent the entire weekend together having fun. There are also a few older tourists so if you are in your sixties or seventies don't let that discourage you from coming and having fun. Everyone got along well and was welcoming regardless of age or nationality.

Room Tip: Rooms at Tremisana are a lot nicer than at the tree house - stay here if you don't like sleeping...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 434Student
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Beatiful place. The rooms are clean and comfy. Showers had only very cold water or very hot- so not so nice. Food was good. Had a cozy fire by the tables for dinner. Overall very nice. Had a small pool too which would have been nice if we had stayed for the south african summer. We saw no animals on our night safari, and when we told the new driver the next morning he was shocked until he heard which driver we had. So the drivers could have worked better together after what we heard (does who had another saw lots of animals). But overall it was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

The staff was super nice and friendly, specially the hostess Thalita and some game drivers!
The food was excellent and the environment was perfect.
The room was simple and clean. Somedays we had breakfast with the monkeys and other wild animals.
The staff for dinner was extremely sympathetic and nice.
I stayed 3 nights and 4 days and I enjoyed so much. They make it easy to interact with others travelers, making the trip even more fun.
I strongly recommend this lodge.

• Stayed: July 2013
#3 of 22 in Balule Nature Reserve
Rio Dos Elefantes River Camp
Rio Dos Elefantes River Camp
#16 of 22 in Balule Nature Reserve

Been to Tremisana Game Lodge? Share your experiences!