“Brilliant!!!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balule Nature Reserve
Tremisana Game Lodge
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed here just expecting to see th big five and left seeing and have learnt a GREAT amount more.you learn more than watching national geographic.the guides were so knowledgable and really friendly.They would stop anytime you asked and spot things you would never see by yourself and go the extra mile to find the animals.We also did a walk where you learn a lot about the country side of it and stopped near a river where hippos were chilling.The staff at the lodge were real friendly and do nothing but make you feel at home whilst also cooking foods which you would have never had but will want more.the day was never wasted and you had enough time to relax.and because your in the jungle all you here is the wildlife.And I must thank Rye one of the manageress because if it wasn't for her charging my electrics,I would never have got so many photos.God bless you all,I will return one day.......Uforgetable.Also met so many solo travellers like myself ,GREAT times..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gareth E
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Tremisana Game Lodge, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hi Gareth

WOW ! This review must rate as one of the best we have had in recent times ! I am so pleased that you had a BRILLIANT time.

We are very proud of our staff - we are really happy that you found our guides so knowledgeable and our other staff so friendly. It is so gratifying to know that their efforts to make you feel important and welcome have borne such obviously appreciated fruit ! Thank you for your encouraging words.

Rai will be very pleased to see her name mentioned in your review and I am certain she will pass on your message to all the grateful staff.

VIVA SAFARIS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed at this lodge for five days. i was a lone traveller. i met up with some guys who were travelling by themselves as well. we became very good buddies. i have been on other safaris but this was one of the coolest. the safari guides were highly knowledgeble and the drives in balule were great as well. the day we did a full day in Kruger was great as well. the food was delicious and the soups were exceptional. the staff are good people and make u feel right at home. i would recommend using viva safaris to organise the tours. i will definately come back with my family next year

1 Thank stephanb425
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was my first visit to Africa and my husband booked the tour. I was really excited and couldn't wait to get to Africa. We arrived in Johannesburg and stayed at a local lodge in Kempton Park. The day of the safari we were picked up at the lodge around half nine. I was happy because it gave us ample time to get some rest after the long flight. I must say the bus was quite comfortable and the air conditioning was a great plus. The guide briefed us and gave us indemnity form to fill out. We drove for some time and stopped at a garage that amazingly has some buffalos and giraffes a few metres away. We had much at a fabulous restaurant in Dullstroom I think. You order the food before you get there and when you arrive the meals are ready. We then proceeded to the lodge. You will have a stop over in Bushbuck and then a small town called Hoedspruit. When we arrived at the lodge we were welcomed by Rai with such a smile and refreshments that we forgot how long the drive had been. We checked into our rooms with no hassle and got ready for the sunset drive. The drives are done using an open vehicle and I loved seeing the giraffes and zebras. When we came back it was time for dinner. The announcement for dinner was the sound of an African drum. I found it fascinating. Dinner was great. the next day was the morning bushwalk. It starts of early and it is fun as well as educative. I enjoyed myself a lot. We came back and had breakfast at the lapa. We were free until the afternoon. We had some delicious sandwiches of which tuna is my favorite. We then did an afternoon game drive. Though we didn't see much I enjoyed being out. We then transferred to the treehouses for the last two nights. I enjoyed my stay at Tremisana. The staff is great. Thank U so much for a lovely time

• Stayed November 2013
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Tremisana Game Lodge, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hi Ursula

Thanks for such a detailed review !

I am glad that you appreciated the arrangements we make for lunch at Dullstroom. Because our safaris are truly great value for money, we usually have quite a number of guests. It would be extremely time-consuming for the restaurant to prepare each and every meal only once the guests have arrived at the restaurant. The present arrangement involves choosing from the menu - each dish is numbered - and having our guide inform the restaurant manager 30 minutes before our arrival in Dullstroom. Once the guests arrive, the restaurant brings out the meals within a few minutes and we can be on our way to see those exciting animals on the Sunset Drive !

I am happy that you enjoyed your very first safari and that you described it as "awesome".
We wish you many more awesome safaris - hopefully with Viva Safaris - in the future.

Thanks for a lovely review.

Lille, France
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I first read reviews about this lodge before going there. It helped me decide my trip. I was picked up from Johannesburg and made the transfer to the lodge. The drive was long and I managed to catch up on some sleep. We arrived at the lodge around 4. We then did a night drive. Dinner was good And it is served in the Boma. In the morning we had an early start and went for a bushwalk. I enjoy hiking and its alwayz nice being outdoors early morning. A few pointers. Wear comfortable shoes and dark colors for the walk. The meals are good and the staff are indeed friendly. I am now moving from the lodge to go to the treehouses. I am looking forward to this part of my stay with viva. It has been a good start.

kansas
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at Tremisana lodge first before going to Marc's Treehouse Lodge. Both places are run by a company called viva safaris.the lodge is very beautiful . The gardens there are nicely kept and the pool side is very relaxing. The lodge has monkeys on the premises called vervet monkeys. they are a bit of a nuisance during meals but they add to the feel of being in the wild. the down side is that the lodge is a bit too close to the road. You do hear the occassional truck here and there. The first night we did what they call the sunset drive it was a good drive and i loved seeing the sunset . I just wish we had enough time to relax between the game drive and the time we arrived. The drive from Johannesburg to the lodge is long i must say. The next day we did the morning bushwalk. it starts very early but it is worth it. i saw some hippos and we came across rhinos as well. the guides are good. we even had a dung spitting competition. i loved it. it was good fun. i only spent a night at tremisana and then moved to the treehouse lodge.if i had known i would have just paid extra when i made my initial booking and stayed at Tremisana. The food is much better at Tremisana than Marc's Treehouse. At Tremisana the breakfast is much longer and more filling. overally i enjoyed my stay at Tremisana and thank you so much to the ladies and guides at Tremisana.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hi Fanay

Thanks for a great review. We appreciate your positive comments about the staff and food.

We are aware of the proximity of the road - we actually bought this property with this facet in mind as we leave the Olifants West Reserve every day to do other game activities - mainly visits to Kruger Park, Tshukudu Game Reserve, Moholoholo Rehab Centre and others. In the rainy season it becomes especially difficult to travel the sand roads and arrive on time at these other exciting wildlife centres. If our lodge were very far from the main gate we would not be able to guarantee punctual arrival times because of poor road conditions. We have attempted to cushion the traffic noise by building attractive water features as well as constructing sand mounds.

I am pleased that you found Tremisana Lodge to be a "good place"

Thanks for your lovely review.
Kind regards

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I had a very excellent stay in this lodge. The room was big enough for me, the food was awesome and most especially the staff were incredible. Thank you for taking care of me while I was there. Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Marian B
London
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Everything about this was brilliant and I want to go back now. Lodge is incredibly luxurious, and I made good use of the pool! All the staff are so kind, especially Wesley. Animal sightings were also incredible. Basically it was awesome.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Charlie K
Hi Charlie

Thank you for a great review !
Good to hear everything was "brilliant ". I am happy that the pool came in handy - it gets very hot in Summer.
I am really pleased to hear that you want to come back "now". I hope that your "now" will happen in the very near future - you are always welcome !

Wes says "Hi"

Baluleni Safari Lodge
Baluleni Safari Lodge
#7 of 20 in Balule Nature Reserve
Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp
Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Cam...
#1 of 20 in Balule Nature Reserve
Masodini Private Game Lodge
Masodini Private Game Lodge
#1 of 1 in Balule Nature Reserve

Been to Tremisana Game Lodge? Share your experiences!