I had booked Naledi back in 2010, and have enjoyed reading all the positive reviews posted on T.A. since that time.
Any query or question before my wife and I arrived, no matter how trivial, was met with a quick, succinct and friendly reply from Kjell ( Owner, rally driver, raconteur,etc.), who is totally committed to giving each and every guest the most wonderful experience.
We stayed for 4 nights arriving at 14.30 on our first day.
Even though lunch had already been served, Kjell still arranged for us to have some lunch,
when other establishments would probably not have offered.
An hour later we were aboard the Land Cruiser and off into the bush.
Kjell will drive considerable distances to find one of the Big 5. Kjell and Sydwell( tracker) have considerable knowledge in the art of tracking and every so often Kjell would stop the vehicle either because he or Sydwell had seen movement or tracks had been sighted.
Kjell is also often on the radio talking to 2/3 other game lodges, keeping each other in touch with sightings.
Whenever we were among one of the Big 5, Kjell would stop at the sighting, giving
everyone an ample photo opportunity, but more importantly, Kjell would linger for 15 minutes, so the guests could enjoy being close to these animals.
I glanced at Kjell on several occasions when he had driven us to such a spot, and there was genuine joy etched into his face.
We were fortunate to see the Big 5, but there were countless other wildlife to enjoy.
Kjell and Sydwell also have a wealth of knowledge on the local fauna and trees adding
to the bigger picture.
The accommodation, and the food ( special thanks to Kim and Sam) is superb.
A special mention must be made to all the background staff who also help to make
Naledi what it is.
These include Craig who was often around to help and give advice, and is involved in
various projects such as keeping the infrastructure in good condition, and to
the ladies who keep the accommodation clean and tidy, several times a day.
Kjell would often ask me if we were pleased with the room after it had been cleaned.
Would other owner/managers make such an enquiry, probably not, but this is because
Kjell is so hands on, he genuinely wants to hear feedback of any sort. However, there is no bad feedback at Naledi, only praise.
The beauty of Naledi is that there are only three lodges, which keeps it very exclusive and personal. Kjell knows this and wants to retain this. Other owners may have wished to build more lodges, not so with Kjell though. He understands that with expansion , top notch experiences may suffer.
Kjell is genuinely interested in each and every guest, and deserves all
the accolades he receives.
Thank you once again Kjell, we hope to be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just four magnificently appointed chalets sleeping only eight people, right in the heart of Big Five country within the borders of the greater Kruger National Park!!!! Without a doubt, Naledi offers you the most personal, intimate experience anywhere In the region – and at a price often less than half of what you would expect to pay elsewhere! At Naledi we only ever have a maximum of eight guests on our game viewer, only eight relaxing on our beautiful swimming pool deck overlooking the river bed and our private waterhole where one can enjoy the daily parade of animals and birds coming to drink and feed in total peace and tranquility. Our lodge is our passion, showing people our private piece of wild Africa our greatest pleasure, and that means introducing you to the bush and all its creatures, from lions and elephants, to antelope and birds is something we always look forward to ! At Naledi you’ll find aircon throughout, delicious meals, elegant surroundings, a fabulously stocked bar, fun, relaxation and excitement in equal portions, but best of all, you’ll arrive as strangers, and leave as friends!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and South African Hotels so you can book your Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp South Africa/Kruger National Park