“My daughters dream African Wedding”

Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp
Henderson, Nevada
“My daughters dream African Wedding”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Both my husband & I are born & lived in Africa for many years and know the bush & lodges pretty well but Naledi Bushcamp & Toro Yaka surpassed anything we had visited before. The staff were amazing,the food exceptional, the Lodge was beautiful, we could not have wished for a more PERFECT wedding venue, our four days there was a lifetime experience and we would like to thank Kjell - Naledi Bushcamp , Steve. Bailey, and all the amazing staff for making this experience ! THANKYOU & NEVER to forgotten
We look forward to visiting again one day !!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Skellem1802

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Chesterfield, Michigan
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at Naledi in the Marula Suite and it exceeded every expectation we had. The game drives were amazing - tracking the animals and getting the opportunity to observe them without rushing and crowds of people was great. The guides and trackers were all very friendly and the host, Kjell,, was our guide on a number of the drives and he shared his knowledge and love of the bush with us. The food was presented in absolutely beautiful settings and tasted wonderful. A visit to the hides overlooking waterholes are a must - you can truly appreciate the beauty and calm of the bush and if you're extra lucky (like we were) you can watch waterbuck, zebras etc. come to the water for a drink. I made my husband promise we would return to this bushcamp for another vacation! I'm already counting down the days.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had the best time in Naledi. The host sat with us every night around the fire, and the food served were always delicious. Oh, and of course we managed to see what we came here for - lions, elephants, kudu, black rhino, hippo, giraffes and many many more.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 22 June 2014

where do I begin? With the amazing hospitality, phenomenal food, friendly staff, incredible views or outstanding guides and safaris. Let me start by saying this was not your average safari trip, IT WAS OUR WEDDING TOO!

Our 34 guests were spread out between three different camps. Naledi Enkoveni, Naledi bush camp and Toro Yaka. Although spread out it never felt like it. Upon arrival the staff at the three different camps were waiting at the front gate to Balule. I had heard a few comments from guests about being worried their bag would go in wrong vehicle etc etc etc.... I knew not to worry and I was right! They had luggage tags with our names, camp and room. The check in for about 34 people was fast, easy and efficient. They did everything possible to keep us as a group and I never once felt like anyone missed out. Everyone has expressepd how their camp was the best and it's still a little bicker between us all who had the best camp, this only shows how amazing every camp was! Every single room was stunning. Clean, beautifully furnished, incredible views and privacy. To quote a friend, 'these rooms are like the MTV show, where Beyoncé and jay z go on vacation.' These lodges are all with out a doubt gorgeous.

I had been in constant communication with Kjell, His wife Kim and Alicia De greef for about 9 months planning my wedding. I can say with full confidence they never missed a beat when planning my special day. I felt completely comfortable and confident from day one that all my needs would be met and not only did they meet them the completely exceeded them. I love planning and events so letting go of control was a bit scary but I'm so glad I did. Everything was a true dream come true.

The morning of the wedding during our morning game drive we stopped for tea and coffee as we had done the previous days but they made sure today was a little different. I had mentioned I wanted something Amarula (a South African liquor) themed and people could each get a mini bottle to pour in their coffee. When we pulled up they had big white umbrellas up with a full amarula bar, tea, coffee and an assortment of biscuits out. It was a wonderful, fun and entertaining way to start our day!

Me and my guests spent 4 nights there, the third night being the wedding and the 4th being my husbands birthday. For his birthday they once again went above and beyond planning this fantastic celebration out by the boma. The dinner was unbelievable, I even went back for thirds which is a lot for me. The staff had fabulous traditional attire, not only for the birthday but also the wedding. We had a drum circle which really brought some awesome energy to the party. The boma area is in the middle of the bush and absolutely beautiful. Surrounded by big gas lamps/candles and lit brighter by a big fire in the middle. We only wish we all had more energy to enjoy it longer into the night.

Over the four days our group became family with the staff and we all miss them terribly. I love the fact the I get on Facebook now and see my friends chatting back and forth with the staff at Naledi. It shows that not only did I fall in love with this place but so did my guests.

Having been to Kruger a few times for safari and being impressed there, I cannot even begin to express how Balule tops that. We literally saw all of the big five plus some. As we all checked into the absolutely gorgeous lodge we were greeted with not only a delicious cocktail but 3 massive elephants playing in the river just outside.

Having been born and raised in Zimbabwe and now living in Las Vegas I can honestly say I could not have chosen a more spectacular place in South Africa to bring all my American guests.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Tzigane L
Pretoria
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We recently spent 3 days and nights at Naledi Bushcamp. We chose the camp based on the positive Tripadvisor reviews, so we were expecting a good trip. We were thrilled to find that Kjell and his staff by far exceeded our expectations.

The lodge was fantastic, the room perfect (Leadwood suite), the food spectacular and the staff outstanding.

The game drives were great. Our guide Eric and his tracker Prem were excellent and we saw all of the big 5 except for leopard. Not only is Eric a great guide, but also a first rate story teller. We'll remember why the waterbuck got the ring on his bum, and why the scrub hare and the elephant are such good friends.

In addition to the drives, they also offer an additional activity of a bush walk or a trip to one of their hides each day. A huge bonus.

Kjell clearly loves what he does, and it shows in the attention to detail, quality of the lodge and overall experience.

We've been on a lot of safaris in Africa, and always try to find a different camp or a different park to explore. Naledi Bushcamp is one of the few that we would absolutely put on our return trip list.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Warren and Heather

Room Tip: The suite has 2 rooms that share a common kitchen and sitting area, as well as a big deck with a plu...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank windsorco
Richards Bay
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just want to say thank you to the wonderful staff who made my birthday a very special one.
The dinner was out of this world the setting perfect with the candle lights on our own stoep.
Thank you TK and Petronella and the others who sang so beautifully for me.
I was very touched.
I love you girls. Hope to see you soon
Mieke

Room Tip: We stayed in Paperbark a lovely rustic setting close to the swimming pool and the look out. A lovely...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had an awesome experience at Naledi Enkoveni Camp. We were warmly welcomed by Host Shena and hotel staff with a refreshing cocktail and because we hand just arrived after a wedding party had just departed we had the whole,place to ourselves for a couple of nights.

The food was superb and view from the hotel was spectacular and attentive staff who made sure all our needs were met.

The only regret was not staying longer. I definitely recommend Naledi for the personal touch from the personal wakeup each morning for the early morning safari drives to the staff hosting each of the meals to the personal attention given by the tracker and guide that took us on safaris where we saw many animals such as elephants, cape buffalo, zebras, giraffes, wart hogs, impalas and many other antelopes.

Thank you for a wonderful experience and memories. Hope to see you all again in the not too distinct future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 19 in Balule Nature Reserve
Pondoro Game Lodge
Pondoro Game Lodge
#3 of 19 in Balule Nature Reserve

Been to Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp? Share your experiences!