I have just returned from a magical trip to South Africa, and Naledi was an absolute highlight. Of course I booked based on all the great reviews and the team did not let us down. Early July is winter there and the Enkoveni camp was closed as they renovate two new suites. I stayed in Paperbark which is totally charming and wonderful - especially the very private deck where I got a daily visit from a family of warthogs.
First thing to know is that whether or not you see animals is not in the control of any lodge. The team goes out of their way to get you as many sightings as possible but this isn't a zoo - you get what you get so be prepared for that. Having said that, we were extremely lucky and saw all the normals - warthogs, buffalo, elephants, zebras, impala as well as the more elusive hippo, zebras and lions and the truly exceptional cheetah, black rhino and white rhino. We had Vuyani as our ranger and Jimmy as our tracker (both normally at Enkoveni) and they were exceptional. Not only are they amazing at finding the animals but they are fun to be around, very caring and they have great senses of humor.
Back at the lodge, the difference here is in the small touches that make you feel cared for and special. The hot water bottles for the morning and evening drives to keep the chill off, the warm wet cloths and welcome drinks when you return, the well-packed morning and evening drive "mini picnics". Shayna, Kjell, Petronella and the team looked after us like royalty.
The food, as stated, is really lovely. I don't eat meat or chicken and they came up with tasty and wholesome alternatives.
They really have something special here and I would return in a heartbeat and in fact, doubt I would try another place. Naledi holds a very special place and is more than deserving of all the hype it gets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just four magnificently appointed chalets sleeping only eight people, right in the heart of Big Five country within the borders of the greater Kruger National Park!!!! Without a doubt, Naledi offers you the most personal, intimate experience anywhere In the region – and at a price often less than half of what you would expect to pay elsewhere! At Naledi we only ever have a maximum of eight guests on our game viewer, only eight relaxing on our beautiful swimming pool deck overlooking the river bed and our private waterhole where one can enjoy the daily parade of animals and birds coming to drink and feed in total peace and tranquility. Our lodge is our passion, showing people our private piece of wild Africa our greatest pleasure, and that means introducing you to the bush and all its creatures, from lions and elephants, to antelope and birds is something we always look forward to ! At Naledi you’ll find aircon throughout, delicious meals, elegant surroundings, a fabulously stocked bar, fun, relaxation and excitement in equal portions, but best of all, you’ll arrive as strangers, and leave as friends!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp South Africa/Kruger National Park