We ended our honeymoon with a three night stay in the Naledi Bushcamp.
It was fantastic! Every now and then , you stumble upon a great find and this is one of them. Exclusive safari doesn't need to be expensive. Kjell and Kim who run Naledi proof this. The Bushcamp only accommodates for 6 people at a time which will guarantee almost total exclusivity. At the time of our stay we were the only guests, which made it even more special. The food is Michelin-star quality ( but plentiful !), all homemade meals made by Kim. Kjell is a great host.and very knowledgeable. He does the gamedrives together with Sydwell, the tracker. The two of them are the best trackers in Balule nature reserve. Balule is a beautiful nature reserve , and a safari - in my view - is much more special than in Kruger. There are no roads in Balule, so you basically go offroad the whole time to for game tracking. You will only see two or three other landrovers max. during a gamedrive which I think adds greatly to the ' Bush experience' . Balule has the big five and plenty of other game. We saw LOADS of animals. Couldn't find the leopard however... :-) Apart from that we saw the big five. The Naledi camp is beautifully situated and has a nice pool, viewing tower which watches over a water hole. It has a nice deck to relax, watch the game as it strolls by. The staff goes the extra mile to make you feel at home. We had a lovely stay and thank everybody at Naledi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just four magnificently appointed chalets sleeping only eight people, right in the heart of Big Five country within the borders of the greater Kruger National Park!!!! Without a doubt, Naledi offers you the most personal, intimate experience anywhere In the region – and at a price often less than half of what you would expect to pay elsewhere! At Naledi we only ever have a maximum of eight guests on our game viewer, only eight relaxing on our beautiful swimming pool deck overlooking the river bed and our private waterhole where one can enjoy the daily parade of animals and birds coming to drink and feed in total peace and tranquility. Our lodge is our passion, showing people our private piece of wild Africa our greatest pleasure, and that means introducing you to the bush and all its creatures, from lions and elephants, to antelope and birds is something we always look forward to ! At Naledi you’ll find aircon throughout, delicious meals, elegant surroundings, a fabulously stocked bar, fun, relaxation and excitement in equal portions, but best of all, you’ll arrive as strangers, and leave as friends!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and South African Hotels so you can book your Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp South Africa/Kruger National Park