“Super bush experience at Naledi”

and 1 more site!
Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Naledi has improved it's accomodation immensly since the last time I was there. The rooms and bathrooms are more luxurious and I had a wonderful outdoor shower. This family run camp is great value for the money. If you're looking to see big herds of game, then this type of bush trip isn't right for you because it's lacks the plains that attract that type of game, but the quality of the game is experience is great. We had very up close and personal with a large pride of lions as well as elephant, rhino & buffalo. And this family run camp gives excellent & personal service.

1  Thank EC101
Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

Reviewed 4 July 2010

Fantastic Safari Value overall. Cozy rooms, nice amenities, good food and overall very personal service. How many times can a guest dine with an owner? Kjell, Craig, and company were very warm and welcoming. They were excellent guides and gracious hosts. They give an excellent personal touch. My favorite part of the safari trek itself..tracking lions, rhinos and the sort and getting quite close to them for a very personal experience. Saw 4 of Big 5 on first day. Missed the Leopard.

Reviewed 2 July 2010

Everything at Neledi Bush Camp was excellent and differentiated: Staff, facilities, service, food, safaris. I will definitely recommend it to everyone I can.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Myself and 8 other chaps began our month long trip in South Africa by embarking on a 3 nights, 4 days stay at Naledi Bushcamp. It was a wonderfull beginning to our trip and for many of us the highlight. Great effort was made on our behalf to ensure that we saw as much and as many of the majestic animals that grace that part of the world, our comfort was also very much made a priority. Coming in a close second behind the animals was Kim's cooking, it was mouthwatering, we really did live like kings for those few days. Thankyou very much Kjell, Kim, Craig and not forgeting the very brave Sidwell

1  Thank dancakey
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We stayed for 4 nights and our experience on safari was outstanding; the sighting of a large pride of lions and the large herds of elephants at the waterhole, both drinking and playing, was beyond our expectation. It would be unfair to recall just 2 sightings since the whole experience was exceptional because Kjell and Sidwell were so enthusiastic about showing the exceptional wildlife in the area.
There was concern when a member of the party had a medical problem but everybody was so helpful.
Kim’s meals were delicious and the different dining areas and elevated lounge decks overlooking the bush and waterhole were excellent. One night whilst eating dinner, we had lions calling and eating their own dinner in an area just next to the camp. The following night eating dinner in candlelight with the bush so quiet, it was just two extremes but it all added up to a wonderful experience.
It was a real pleasure to spend part of our holiday at this particular camp. We have put Naledi Bush Camp to the top of our list for a future holiday.
Thank you to all at Naledi for an unforgettable stay.
M,S & T

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Naledi Bushcamp was an excellent venue for my first Safari. Everything was five star quality from the accommodation to the friendly and helpful staff. I would certainly recommend this venue and will be looking to plan a return trip in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 26 June 2010

After having spent nights in tents and experienced the 'African' ways of processes, my team and I were not expecting too much from a bush camp. Oh boy were we wrong!! After a 3 hour drive from Nelspruit and being stopped by the coppers TWICE, we could not have had a more warm welcome. As we drove up the drive-way we were received by a hospitable Kjell, a smiley Sidwell and gentle giant Craig. Things fell into place immediately - our bags were taken to our rooms, we checked in our details, got a tour of our Leadhouse for four (that could have housed ten!) and were served a most satisfying lunch on a deck overlooking the Balule Reserve. Serenity levels were through the roof and we could not stop smiling.
We stayed for a total of 2 drives and experienced 4 game drives - each game drive brought us different experiences. Having sundowners in the middle of the bush was amazing! I had to pinch myself a few times before I realised where I was....I am stil gob-smacked. Kjell was immensely knowledgeable about the animals and the way of life. I learnt more over the 2 days than I have in a semester at uni. Sidwell who was our tracker was very quiet but he knew his tracks and he knew where his animals were. Directing us with no more than a point of his finger - left, right, forward. Attention to details was amazing - from the hot water bottles and blankets on the drives, to the sorting out of our rooms, to the setting of the tables and the decor - jaw-dropping! Food was ab fab and I thought I had to swim home after 3 full-on meals each day over the 2 days. Totally miss it. Sitting down with Craig and Kjell over dinner added a special touch to the trip. Exchanging stories and learning more about the establishment made me fall in love with it more. As the first Singaporean who has stayed there I would absolutely recommend this wonderful place for any first-timer or repeat visitors! I do have more to say but will stop here.....I am still smiling... Thank you Kjell, Kim and Craig....

Also consider these accommodations in or near Balule Nature Reserve
#2 of 22 in Balule Nature Reserve
Senalala Luxury Safari Camp
Senalala Luxury Safari Camp
#1 of 15 in Klaserie Private Game Reserve

Been to Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp? Share your experiences!