Our room was great. We had the regular room (which I learned was renovated June 1, 2010). The room was amazing. A large bed with tons of pillows and blankets, a tray with coffee and tea (refilled twice a day), a deck area with lounge chairs, and TWO showers (indoor and outdoor). The rooms seem to be cleaned twice a day, once during the morning drive (6-10am) and once during the night drive (3:30-7:30). Very well decorated with wooden masks and art. Only complaint would be there isn't too much light in the bathroom but thats not really a big deal.
Rest of the camp
The website was under construction while I booked so I was expecting a small place. Boy was I wrong. There is a living room area with a bar, and then an upstairs relaxing area with multiple futons, chairs, and an ellpitcal. This also had 270 degree view of the area as it was an open area. The outdoor area had a dining area (dinner outdoor by candlelight every night), an infinity pool, and 2 decks for relaxing and watching wildlife.
I believe the luxury suite area has their own pool but I didn't go over to that area.
So basically there are 2 game drives a day that take about 4 hours each. The intimate nature of the drive (same driver, Kjell, and tracker, Sydwel everyday) made it great to chat with them and have a good time. Kjell always knew which guests had saw which animals, and made an effort so that everyone would not miss out on anything.
In 7 drives (3.5 days worth) I saw...
2 adult male lions, 3 younger male lions, and 14 other lions in a pride.
1 hippo named George
Numerous elephants, giraffes, zebras.
Too many impala, kudu, waterbuck, and spring bok
Couple warthog and jackals
and a LEOPARD.
The effort to find a leopard was amazing. I guess the entire reserve (approx 90k acres and 11 lodges) didn't see a leopard for a week. So we spent a good amount of time looking for a leopard and on the last day we finally saw one. It was probably the best image of the safari...along with the lions FEEDING on a kudu. It was at night and I was literally less than 10 feet from 14 bloody lions eating the meat off the spine of a kudu, growling at each other trying to get meat. Probably one of the scariest moments of my life as I thought they would jump into the car and eat me.
This was an amazing trip. I would recommend bringing a book for the afternoon break as there isn't much to do except nap, TV, drink, and jump in the pool. Rough life huh?
Naledi is amazing. The service is great. We had a fun time chatting with Kjell, Kim, and Craig as they served us food, drove us around, and did everything for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just four magnificently appointed chalets sleeping only eight people, right in the heart of Big Five country within the borders of the greater Kruger National Park!!!! Without a doubt, Naledi offers you the most personal, intimate experience anywhere In the region – and at a price often less than half of what you would expect to pay elsewhere! At Naledi we only ever have a maximum of eight guests on our game viewer, only eight relaxing on our beautiful swimming pool deck overlooking the river bed and our private waterhole where one can enjoy the daily parade of animals and birds coming to drink and feed in total peace and tranquility. Our lodge is our passion, showing people our private piece of wild Africa our greatest pleasure, and that means introducing you to the bush and all its creatures, from lions and elephants, to antelope and birds is something we always look forward to ! At Naledi you’ll find aircon throughout, delicious meals, elegant surroundings, a fabulously stocked bar, fun, relaxation and excitement in equal portions, but best of all, you’ll arrive as strangers, and leave as friends!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and South African Hotels so you can book your Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp South Africa/Kruger National Park