Naledi Game Lodges
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Toro Yaka Bush Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
  • Pool
Kurhula Wildlife Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
Hippo Pools Resort(Hoedspruit)
View Hotel
Garonga Safari Camp(Makalali Private Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Kapama River Lodge(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Kapama Buffalo Camp(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
Cajori Hotel(Phalaborwa)
  • Restaurant
Kapama Southern Camp(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
1,108 results
All reviewsleadwood suitebush campthe riverfishing owlevery mealhis teamattention to detailother guestssafari experiencehot water bottlesoutdoor showerthree nightssouth africathe reserveprivate dinnerbush walkhigh expectations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Recommend, recommend, recommend! Amazing game drives where we saw most of the Big 5 most days, multiple times. They have homecoming down to an art, where you drive in a little cold in the nighttime to a warm campfire, a warming drink, and a welcoming staff eager to feed you a great dinner. Somehow they only get good guests, too, so hanging out all day and night with people you had previously never met was only fun and funny. The rooms are ultra-luxury, with enviable showers and the biggest softest beds I have slept in for years. Great tracker and guide, too, very patient and extremely knowledgeable.

Rooms

Our room was great. We had the regular room (which I learned was renovated June 1, 2010). The room was amazing. A large bed with tons of pillows and blankets, a tray with coffee and tea (refilled twice a day), a deck area with lounge chairs, and TWO showers (indoor and outdoor). The rooms seem to be cleaned twice a day, once during the morning drive (6-10am) and once during the night drive (3:30-7:30). Very well decorated with wooden masks and art. Only complaint would be there isn't too much light in the bathroom but thats not really a big deal.

Rest of the camp

The website was under construction while I booked so I was expecting a small place. Boy was I wrong. There is a living room area with a bar, and then an upstairs relaxing area with multiple futons, chairs, and an ellpitcal. This also had 270 degree view of the area as it was an open area. The outdoor area had a dining area (dinner outdoor by candlelight every night), an infinity pool, and 2 decks for relaxing and watching wildlife.
I believe the luxury suite area has their own pool but I didn't go over to that area.

Safari

So basically there are 2 game drives a day that take about 4 hours each. The intimate nature of the drive (same driver, Kjell, and tracker, Sydwel everyday) made it great to chat with them and have a good time. Kjell always knew which guests had saw which animals, and made an effort so that everyone would not miss out on anything.

In 7 drives (3.5 days worth) I saw...

2 adult male lions, 3 younger male lions, and 14 other lions in a pride.
5 rhinos
1 hippo named George
Numerous elephants, giraffes, zebras.
Too many impala, kudu, waterbuck, and spring bok
Couple warthog and jackals
and a LEOPARD.

The effort to find a leopard was amazing. I guess the entire reserve (approx 90k acres and 11 lodges) didn't see a leopard for a week. So we spent a good amount of time looking for a leopard and on the last day we finally saw one. It was probably the best image of the safari...along with the lions FEEDING on a kudu. It was at night and I was literally less than 10 feet from 14 bloody lions eating the meat off the spine of a kudu, growling at each other trying to get meat. Probably one of the scariest moments of my life as I thought they would jump into the car and eat me.

This was an amazing trip. I would recommend bringing a book for the afternoon break as there isn't much to do except nap, TV, drink, and jump in the pool. Rough life huh?

Naledi is amazing. The service is great. We had a fun time chatting with Kjell, Kim, and Craig as they served us food, drove us around, and did everything for us.

Reviewed 6 July 2010

Naledi was amazing, from the food to the game drives, nothing was overlooked. Kjell and Sidwell were always tracking animals for us to see, and Kim was always filling us with the most amazing food. We had our 2 year old son with us and he was welcomed with open arms. We couldn't have asked for anything more during our stay. The rooms are wonderful as well. Very comfortable and with a shower to die for. We cannot wait to go back to Naledi! They even moved dinner into another room so we could all watch the US vs Ghanna match. What an amazing and unforgettable time!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Naledi has improved it's accomodation immensly since the last time I was there. The rooms and bathrooms are more luxurious and I had a wonderful outdoor shower. This family run camp is great value for the money. If you're looking to see big herds of game, then this type of bush trip isn't right for you because it's lacks the plains that attract that type of game, but the quality of the game is experience is great. We had very up close and personal with a large pride of lions as well as elephant, rhino & buffalo. And this family run camp gives excellent & personal service.

1  Thank EC101
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Fantastic Safari Value overall. Cozy rooms, nice amenities, good food and overall very personal service. How many times can a guest dine with an owner? Kjell, Craig, and company were very warm and welcoming. They were excellent guides and gracious hosts. They give an excellent personal touch. My favorite part of the safari trek itself..tracking lions, rhinos and the sort and getting quite close to them for a very personal experience. Saw 4 of Big 5 on first day. Missed the Leopard.