“Awesome Service”

“Awesome Service”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

このホテルに4泊しましたが、最大で10人くらい泊まれるくらいの小さな宿です。
南アフリカ全般に言えることかもしれませんがほとんどのお客さんが英語しか話さない感じで、英語が苦手な方は大きなロッジに泊まることをお勧めします。

I stayed at this hotel for 4nights, and found it very nice and cozy.
People here were so nice, and made all arrangements.
I took three tours they offered: National Park Drive, Canyon Drive, and Walk with cheeter.
All of them are quite good, especially their affiliated guide was quite friendly and helpful.
Of course their game drives (two times a day) are good as well, I experienced all Big5! Worth visiting.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Although I now live in Vancouver, Canada, I grew up in South Africa and Namibia... and what I've missed most (apart from family and friends) has been the bush -- its animals and birds, the aroma of braaivleis and smoke from a crackling hardwood fire, the chorus of frogs and insects beneath a deep black-velvet night canopy with diamond-stars shining impossibly bright; the frenzied chatter of monkeys after a deep-throated lion's roar, and the Woop-whoop! of a zebra in the night .

Sausage Tree had all that -- and so much more.

I recently had the privilege of spending a few days there, including attending my son's wedding. What more can I say than 'incredible'? Sonja and her staff took care of everything, with warmth and friendliness and an ease born of meticulous planning and professionalism. The decor was beautiful, with excellent attention to detail, and the gourmet meal was beautifully presented.

My grateful thanks go to each member of the staff who not only exceeded my expectations in terms of service delivery, but also made us all truly feel like family.

If you want an incredible South African bush experience, be it a corporate getaway, a romantic rendezvous or a unique wedding, look no further than Sausage Tree.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GlobaTraveller
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I am the brother of the groom and I also had an incredible time at the wedding. My wife and I flew out from the USA and were extremely impressed by the level of comfort provided by Sausage Tree. The game drives were also some of the best ones I've ever done!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank flashygreenleaf
london
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have been back to Sausage Tree again and Sonia and James continue to think of ways to make what seemed perfect even better.
The facilities are great, the tents beautifully appointed and the drives fantastic but to be honest what makes Sausage Tree so special is the ambience. You are treated as a treasured friend, the atmosphere amongst the staff and guests is warm, lighthearted, friendly and enthusiastic. It is a breath of fresh air compared to some others.
It is tremendously good value and my only concern is that if I keep writing reviews telling people how good it is, there will never be space left for me! They like to keep it small and personal and they deserve to do brilliantly.

Room Tip: I have had cell reception in both tents I have stayed in.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank LondonCarla69
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My wife and I recently had our wedding ceremony at Sausage Tree and we honestly could not have asked for a better location and better people to arrange it all. It completely exceeded all expectations, with Sonja and the rest of the staff completely outdoing themselves.

Liaising remotely, we were able to give Sonja a good idea of what we required. She took it from there and basically acted as our personal wedding coordinator, using her extensive contacts in the surrounding area to arrange the most beautiful flowers and decor, wedding cake, an amazing pastor, and professional hair, nails, makeup and massage services....all in the comfort of our beautifully appointed safari style tent!

The attention to detail was exquisite, the food was phenomenal, game viewing was superb, staff were all incredibly friendly and knowledgable and the views simply breathtaking!

Every single member of staff went above and beyond to ensure that it was the most amazing day of our lives and we would encourage anyone wanting a bush wedding to have it at Sausage Tree - you simply cannot get any better!

Thank you Sonja, James, Mandy, Richard, Liam, Themba, Orlando - It was absolutely SUPERB!

Love Kyle & Bianca

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank farr1ngton
St Paul, Mn
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I flew directed into Hoedspruit from Johannesberg & was promptly picked up by Sausage Tree staff. On the 40 minute drive to the lodge we had a mini-safari with giraffee, elephant, warthog, etc. Sausage Tree is in the middle of the bush and is fantastic! It has a rustic feel with all the amenities. The permanent tents are roomy and comfortable. The bathrooms are great and you can watch the wildlife as you shower and prepare from your day. The food was absolutely delicous. The staff is well-trained and friendly. Immediately you feel right at home. The splash pool is delightful for lounging about mid-day. The Guide/Tracker is marvelous and the safaris were amazing. We saw 8 lion cubs, a total of 13 lion as well as The Big 5. The game viewing never ended. The owners have many years of experience and are brilliant; they make you feel like part of the family. I highly recommend Sausage Tree for an excellent African adventure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Charlotte G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We (4 friends)had the most spectacular time at sausage tree, thanks to the most amazing staff, the wild life and scenery! The camp exceeded all our expectations, the tented accommodation(seriously glamping in style!) the spectacular food, the best game drive I could ever imagine and what wonderful sites we saw- 3 of the big 5 not back for 2 days(plus all of the other lovely animals)! Richard,Mandy and the whole team could not have been more welcoming and friendly and informative. My only regret is not staying longer- we will be back. Thank you again guys!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Kapama Karula
Kapama Karula
#1 of 4 in Kapama Private Game Reserve
Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp
Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Cam...
#1 of 21 in Balule Nature Reserve
Baobab Ridge
Baobab Ridge
#2 of 14 in Klaserie Private Game Reserve

Been to Sausage Tree Safari Camp? Share your experiences!