My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was the most special experience we've literally ever had. Especially for 2 people who do not like getting up early (you get up pretty early for the morning game drives!) We had a magical time, and saw so many animals, including a cheetah and African wild dogs (both very endangered). Our first safari ride we were surrounded by a family of gentle elephants, my favorite animals. Midday, you can go on game walks - we went with Andres, who showed us elephant and hippo tracks from the night before, right by our hut where we were staying, as well as teaching us the birds that flew by and told some great stories! He sure does have a wealth of information in his brain - and is amazing at spotting animals. We had really nice massages, and the food was incredible. Lize (part owner) I believe is also the chef. The other owner Robbie was our ranger and driver with Andres assisting. Everyone who works at this lodge works very hard to make sure you are comfortable and having a great time. We stayed in the Rock suite which was beautiful and comfortable, and very romantic. Lize also let me hold one of the mongoose(s?) who also call Pondoro their home. It was such a wonderful place and we would go back in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park