We stayed 3 nights in Pondoro, to celebrate family events. This small structure (8 rooms only) provide a very personalise and intimate service, deliver by well trained and friendly personnel.
8 hours of game drive per day (in 2 cessions of +/- 4h each), and the possibility of a bush walk if you did not get enough allow you to enjoy all the beauties of the african bush, including the legendary big 5. All this under the supervision of very helpful and knowledgeable ranger and spotter.
Rooms and amenities cleanliness, quality of the food (nothing to compare the usual "braii" provide in most of these structures, with a very good and fine cuisine served here), friendship and amiability of the people make you feeling that you are received in friends house and not in an hotel.
The rest of the family and myself loved and enjoyed it all, thanks to Lize and her staff that made this safari experience unforgettable.
Serge and Mimi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park