Pondoro… WOW! Pondoro went above and beyond my expectations. Every detail is well thought out to ensure the customers are happy and comfortable (hot cloths upon arrival after a chilly night safari, weather reports each day…). The 2 daily safaris never disappoint. The food is DIVINE and the rooms are exquisite. A special mention should go out to the staff- Lize, Vanessa, Anchenn, the safari drivers, and the many other beautiful people that work there. My partner and I had some terrible luck when visiting SA- our credit card was taken by an ATM machine and we were ripped off by AVIS in PMB. Lize, Vanessa and Anchenn were so lovely, thoughtful, and helpful in assisting us with our difficulties. We are SO appreciative of the help they gave us. It's clear they know what customer service is- they go above and beyond for their customers. Thank you to all the staff that work at Pondoro- you have really made our time in Kruger SO memorable xxxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park