Pondoro was a perfect stay from start to finish. We stayed 4 nights in Hardekool and then 1 night in Tree and loved both. The personnel and service were outstanding and the food was exquisite. We had read about the amazing attention to details and this proved to be true throughout our visit. We spent time at another lodge following Pondoro and while nice, it could not in any way compete with Pondoro. One thing we loved about Pondoro is that it is tastefully decorated - you feel you are in an exotic location but without the unnecessary over the top decorations. The views from the room's terraces and from the restaurant on the Olifant River are stunning and provide, when you are lucky, fantastic vistas from which you can watch animals (giraffe, elephants,...) After game drives, we always felt like we were coming home - completely comfortable and knowing that we would have a wonderful meal and peaceful sleep. You should not hesitate to book at this lodge as you will not be disappointed. One piece of advice - don't bug the drivers/guides to view specific animals - they are not Dr Doolittle - you will see what animals are out and the drivers/guides cannot control this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park