“BEYOND EXPECTATIONS!!!”

Ezulwini Game Lodges
Melville NY
“BEYOND EXPECTATIONS!!!”
Reviewed 21 March 2011

A life changing experience.Tess,Laurence,Lauren and the whole crew made us feel like "family" for our too short stay of 5 days.The lion and elephant encounters could not have been more perfect if the were from Disney central casting.
Ah ,the food,the wine, the air, the stars....it doesn't get any better than this !!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MerylJoelSchonfeld

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Weston, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I had the privilege of staying at Ezulwini in Balule Park at Kuger and it truly was a once in a lifetime experience. I feel like it is the ultimate B&B of the Game Lodges. It is owned by the Saad family and when you leave you feel like you are a part of their family. The service is outstanding – all of the staff can not do enough for you. It is newly renovated in a manner that is in keeping with being located in the S African Bush while being totally luxurious. All of the accommodations are fantastic from the basic (which are really nice and not basic) chalets to the suites. The game drives are outstanding – all of the Big 7 were spotted in one evening alone. I do not have enough good things to say about Billy’s Lodge – without repeating the prior wonderful reviews.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Odense, Denmark
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Where to start? I am not to good with words, but there are sum things i just must say. First of, a unremarkable dream. I went to Billy's with my wife and 7 month old baby girl, expecting a plain and simple room and straight forward drives. But instead we were placed in a 10 star castle if i may call it so. It was perfect in every way we could think of spending our time in this part of paradise.. The hostess's along with all the staff were all the nicest people on this planet. They made us feel part of the family, but just better, we felt like family. There was always laughter all around. And never a dull moment. The food was made to perfection and trilled my taste-buds down to the last bit.

And then game the game drives, were we learned so much about the diversity of nature. We were given lessons of trees and plants that could come in rather handy if i forget my vanity bag next time i go camping. And then came the big 5. Not even 15 minutes on the drive... 3 of the big 5 all less than 10-20 minutes apart, and the birding in the area was fa nominal. I have never in my live seen so many different species in one spot. And what was more exiting to me was when we tracked, the guy's were on top of there game the whole time, making us grip our seats with tension and then breaking the tension by leading us to remarkable sightings.

The best stay i have ever had, and indeed the most pleasant. Top class, you Guy's were amazing!!!!!! I would and will indeed recommend you're lodges to all and every one I know.... 10 STARS if i may. Thank you guys so much for the lovely stay.. I wish i could make your lodges my home...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 February 2011

We stayed @ River Lodge with a group of people we just met the week before and a couple on their honeymoon that arrived just before us ~ it was a fun easy going group. The grounds are lovely & peaceful. Rooms are private, clean, beautiful, plus have a/c! We fell in love with the staff, they are the best part of River Lodge, I give them so much credit for making for our once in a lifetime vacation adventure truly spectacular. Well, they can't totally control that we lucked out seeing the Big 5 on our first 2 game drives, but the tracker & guide found them for us. Yes Billy's Lodge is nicer (we've only seen rebuilt not yet open) but we are not high maintenance travelers, we don't require or enjoy pampering 5 star luxury in the middle of the wild! We had nice, clean, comfortable rooms to nap after sunrise game drive. A pool and a bar to relax in before sunset game drive. Add in Amy, Jo, Greg, Lawrence and the rest of the behind the scenes staff = amazing.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 January 2011

It's been a while since I was at Billy's Lodge. I wanted to go back in December, because I enjoyed my stay so much the previous time. I was devastated to hear that there had been a fire and the lodge wouldn't be able to accommodate guests until February!
I've been travelling in South Africa for almost a year and recently got back home. I saw a lot of places, but Ezulwini (Billy's Lodge) stuck in my memory. It wasn't just the luxury and the beautiful environment; there's plenty of places that have that in abundance. What I liked about Billy's Lodge, is that I was treated as a friend, as well as an honored guest. When we arrived at Balule NP, we drove to Billy's lodge ourselves. The road was quite long and bumpy, but doable with a normal car. When we arrived we met the hostesses, Lauren and Tami. They seemed delighted with our arrival, and were cheerful and welcoming, as well as efficient and professional. After the long drive from the previous lodge, we were exhausted and tempers were running a little high. It was a relief to arrive at Billy's lodge and find that everything was organized and all that was left for us to do was sit down with a drink and relax.
The rooms, located in a rondavel, were large and roomy, with a stocked mini bar and a beautiful stone bathroom. The pool was beautiful and clean, and the dining area had a great view of the surrounding bush. The bar was a comfortable place to go and sit for a drink and a rest. There was a lookout as well, so you didn't even need to leave the camp to see game. At night we could hear lions and other creatures. We went on two game drives, and both times saw three of the Big Five. The guides were entertaining and coherent, as well as knowledgeable. They seemed to be able to track the game, instead of driving around hoping to run into something. I also said I wanted to see a certain bird, and they were willing to accommodate me and tried very hard to find it. At night we had a braai, and both the food and wine were excellent. The staff was efficient, friendly and catered to your every need.
I would heartily reccommend Billy's Lodge to anyone, it's a hidden pearl. If you want to feel at hom in the bush, yet surrounded by luxury, this is definately the place to be. I'll be returning there towards May!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Mukilteo, Washington
Reviewed 19 January 2011

One dreams of Africa , the adventures , the amazing environment and the return to nature but until you have visited the lodges of Ezulwini, you have not even begun to realize your dreams. I stayed at Billy's lodge which is like the Ritz Carlton of the bush. The private newly renovated chalets have the elegance and modern conveniences of a 5 star resort, yet you are surrounded by the pure beauty of nature. Daily I saw giraffe, monkey, and Impala gracefully inhabiting my "backyard". Daily on the game drives offered both morning and late afternoon I saw big 5 game as well as dozens of other animals, plants and insects who exhibited the beautiful biological interactions created thru centuries of adaptations. The guides were polite and very knowledgeable about the many inhabitants of the reserve. The lodge has staff that are available for your every need. The food served to accommodate your personal schedule was excellent only enhanced by the beauty of the surroundings.if you only have one trip to make in this lifetime make it to Billy's lodge...you will not be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 January 2011

The Ezulwini Reserve is properly named. Ezulwini means PLACES OF PARADISE! It's absolutely breathtaking. The atmosphere is gorgeous in everyway .... from the friendly, helpful staff to all the accommodations and meals.

In the 3 trips we've made, we have stayed at River's Lodge twice and Billy's Lodge once. On both the trips to River's Lodge we saw ALL Big 5. However, due to the weather/season when we stayed at Billy's Lodge we saw only 3 of the Big 5. Even so, it was an amazing adventure. Our guides, Anthony, Amy and Greg were excellent and extremely knowledgable in their field and the Tracker Frans was unbelieveable to watch. He could spot an animal track in the dirt while the car was moving.

The rooms were very comfortable and always clean. The staff were great and interacted with us to make sure our needs were always met. The meals were outstanding and the S. African wine was very refreshing.

Would highly recommend to anyone.

Julie Tochterman

Kapama Buffalo Camp
Kapama Buffalo Camp
#2 of 4 in Kapama Private Game Reserve
Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp
Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Cam...
#2 of 19 in Balule Nature Reserve
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,031 reviews
Ku Sungula Safari Lodge
Ku Sungula Safari Lodge
#11 of 19 in Balule Nature Reserve
Sausage Tree Safari Camp
Sausage Tree Safari Camp
#1 of 19 in Balule Nature Reserve

Been to Ezulwini Game Lodges? Share your experiences!