A perfect winter in the bush of South Africa ... it was easy to spot animals without having to look through all the leaves. No bugs either - to be honest the winter was not that cold. Taking a blanket on the drives was helpful in the early morning and late evening hours. The staff was filled with beautiful, friendly, and kind hearted people who couldn't wait to help you!!! I've been around the world and this was by far my most moving, memorable, and humbling trip! To be surrounded by a family of elephants and watch lions feed their cubs was just - well, it still has me at a loss for words!!
Ohh & the meals - all freshly made home cooking family style :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ezulwini, the Zulu word for 'Place of Paradise', is situated in the centre of the Greater Kruger National Park, Balule Nature Reserve section, where Africa remains unspoiled. Ezulwini prides itself on being able to offer an exceptional African setting, indigenous fauna and flora as well as unique character and charm, to provide you with an authentic experience. Ezulwini Billy's Lodge nestles deep in the heart of lion country and offers three standard chalets as well as three new luxury suites with their own lounge area, private deck and plunge pool, indoor and outdoor shower and super King-Size beds. Ezulwini River Lodge is on the famous Olifants River, with large riverine trees and wonderful sightings of elephant, hippo and crocodile. River Lodge offers 4 standard rooms and 4 Ultra Luxury Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Ezulwini Game Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ezulwini Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Ezulwini Game Lodges South Africa/Kruger National Park