Purchased at an auction and not knowing what to expect we were absolutely delighted in every respect.
Rooms - suites - are new and wonderfully appointed. The lodge is warm - almost intimate in a way with a great deck, sky walk and patio that was perfect for sitting, looking, watching, dreaming. A pair of elephants happened to stop by within feet... monkeys were regular visitors.
Food was ample - well prepared - fresh. Menu choices were modest but there was always something we wanted to choose!
But the real thing to discuss is the animals --- now the animals - the Big 5 and others are all out there - but it is the skill and perseverance of your trackers that make ALL the difference. Ours - Rex and Frans - are beyond comparison -- expert, intuitive and most of all dogged in their pursuit. We saw all the Big 5 in just the first 48 hours... then we found them again and again and again... Lions with a fresh killed impala... both the white and black rhino, leopards three times! And more and more. You go for the animals and the experience.
The people were great - The owners were more than hospitable but actually engaged in our visit and assuring us that it would be special. Everyone there did their utmost to assure that our visit was a holiday, a success and a triumph. They really did a marvelous job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ezulwini, the Zulu word for 'Place of Paradise', is situated in the centre of the Greater Kruger National Park, Balule Nature Reserve section, where Africa remains unspoiled. Ezulwini prides itself on being able to offer an exceptional African setting, indigenous fauna and flora as well as unique character and charm, to provide you with an authentic experience. Ezulwini Billy's Lodge nestles deep in the heart of lion country and offers three standard chalets as well as three new luxury suites with their own lounge area, private deck and plunge pool, indoor and outdoor shower and super King-Size beds. Ezulwini River Lodge is on the famous Olifants River, with large riverine trees and wonderful sightings of elephant, hippo and crocodile. River Lodge offers 4 standard rooms and 4 Ultra Luxury Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Ezulwini Game Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ezulwini Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Ezulwini Game Lodges South Africa/Kruger National Park