We purchased our trip from a charity auction. Upon reviewing this place on tripadvisor, we decided to book 2 nights at ther river lodge and 3 at Billy's. Upon arrriving though we were told that we were booked in 3 at the river lodge. It wasnt until we arrived at Billy's Lodge that we realized what had been cheated out of a great Lodge. We 1st arrived at the River Lodge for what ended up being 4 nights. We were told that the host at Billys Lodge had an emergency and that we would have to spend and extra night at the River Lodge, later we found out that that was not true, which was very disappointing. a The river lodge is further away so we started our trip here.
The RiverLodge is Rustic! not very clean and our room had the smell of sewer coming out of the drains (luckily we were only in the room to sleep) The room is in the bush so I do realize that there will be bugs but Billys lodge was MUCH cleaner and less cobwebs and bugs. The food was great with the exception of one lunch. The staff ws very friendly and accomadating. We had a great time seeing a pride of 17 lions, elephants,giraff, zebra,impalla, water buck. Not much to do between drives. We asked if we could go for a walk and were told no. We asked for a educational walk with a guide and were told they cant. So there wasnt anything to do between drives. It was amazing and except for the accomadtions being dirty and not much to do between drives the rest of the trip was great.
Billys lodge was much nicer than the river lodge. The food was much nicer, they actually had a bar, and the guide and tracker actually tracked the animal instead of just driving around endlessly. The rooms are very nice. There was observation decks to look out of during the afternoon between drives. It was just a beautiful place
We had a great time all around we just felt like our reservations were switched up on us and we were not told. It wasnt until later that we realized that they changed our reservations up which ment we spent more time at a lower class lodge....beware of this when you go. I would recommend and make sure you stay 2 nights at the river lodge and 3 nights at Billys
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ezulwini, the Zulu word for 'Place of Paradise', is situated in the centre of the Greater Kruger National Park, Balule Nature Reserve section, where Africa remains unspoiled. Ezulwini prides itself on being able to offer an exceptional African setting, indigenous fauna and flora as well as unique character and charm, to provide you with an authentic experience. Ezulwini Billy's Lodge nestles deep in the heart of lion country and offers three standard chalets as well as three new luxury suites with their own lounge area, private deck and plunge pool, indoor and outdoor shower and super King-Size beds. Ezulwini River Lodge is on the famous Olifants River, with large riverine trees and wonderful sightings of elephant, hippo and crocodile. River Lodge offers 4 standard rooms and 4 Ultra Luxury Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Ezulwini Game Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ezulwini Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Ezulwini Game Lodges South Africa/Kruger National Park