We arrived at Mohlebetsi with our two children, 10 & 12, in time for the evening drive. We climbed into a very comfortable open jeep and headed straight into the bush. Within seconds we were amongst a huge herd of buffalo, then a leopard appeared from nowhere, plus fighting giraffes, four different types of vultures, kudo and to cap it all 4 beautiful lioness passed within inches of the vehicle. Every safari we did at Mohlebetsi was equally exciting - we never went to the same place twice and each sundowner was at a different spot. Tony, Hamilton and Lucky were exceptionally enthusiastic and informative and our very last sighting were 8 little lion cubs and 3 lioness with their kill hiding in the bush. The most unforgettable experience. Life at the lodge was very comfortable and relaxing and we were looked after superbly. The food was exceptional too. A fantastic 3 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are situated in the vast Balule Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger Park. Get close up to the Big 5 & other animals on vehicle safaris & walks. Luxurious accommodation in a small, privately owned camp, excellent meals & South African hospitality at an extremely affordable price. Easy access via self-drive or daily flights & shuttles from Johannesburg. Relax around a swimming pool & enjoy aroma-therapy massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohlabetsi Safari Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park