I had the opportunity to spend 4 days and 3 nights here in early May and couldn't be happier. The weather was spectacular, very un-crowded and practically no bothersome bugs. The staff, food and property were fantastic. If you have the opportunity take advantage of having a massage, especially after bouncing around in the jeeps for a couple of days. I had the opportunity with going out two different Driver/Tracker teams while I was there. Both had years of experience working in the park and approached there game drives entirely different. Don't be afraid to ask them to hunt for a specific animal. When we'd all seen and had enough of the Big 5, Giraffe, Impala etc., I mentioned I'd never seen and a Jackal or a Hyena and they found them that day. Also and this is important, the drivers from all the local camps are in communication with each other and share their sighting info giving you a much better chance seeing some great things. My only complaint is that the beds were hard, but I stayed in 4 different locations in So. Africa and they were all hard so maybe it's a South Africa thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are situated in the vast Balule Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger Park. Get close up to the Big 5 & other animals on vehicle safaris & walks. Luxurious accommodation in a small, privately owned camp, excellent meals & South African hospitality at an extremely affordable price. Easy access via self-drive or daily flights & shuttles from Johannesburg. Relax around a swimming pool & enjoy aroma-therapy massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohlabetsi Safari Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park