The lodge is about 45 Minutes from Hoetspruit (Eastgate) Airport in the Balule Reserve. With the exception of the last few kilometers on an unpaved road inside the reserve it is fairly easy to reach.
We arrived to a warm welcome and a light (and delicous lunch) and started to tour the area in a open Land Rover with a Ranger and a Tracker. Both did absolutelly everything to ensure perfect encounters with the wildlife. Lions, Giraffes, Zebra, Hippo, Rhino - you name it - it´s there - up close and personal.
Since we came in the African Winter (consider this a tipp - less crowded, no Mosquitos) they even supplied warming bottles in bed! Much needed, since there is no heating in the otherwise very well appointed rooms.
Dinner is in a nice Boma around the fire under the stars. What an experience - and great food too... Breakfast is after the 1st game drive (6.30 - 9 in winter) and much needed to warm up...
We will definitelly go there again and are already looking forward!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are situated in the vast Balule Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger Park. Get close up to the Big 5 & other animals on vehicle safaris & walks. Luxurious accommodation in a small, privately owned camp, excellent meals & South African hospitality at an extremely affordable price. Easy access via self-drive or daily flights & shuttles from Johannesburg. Relax around a swimming pool & enjoy aroma-therapy massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohlabetsi Safari Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park