Our recent stay was nothing short of remarkable. From the moment we arrived until our sad departure after only 3 days, I have nothing but fond memories. The rondavels were immaculately kept and furnished beautifully. Our game rides (although bitterly cold until the sun warmed things) were spectacular. Our guide Lucky and trackers Hamilton and Lucky did their utmost to find game for us and on several occasions we were out much longer than the expected 3 hours, hunting for more for us to see. Their knowledge of the bush and animal behaviours was truly amazing. Our hosts were absolutely charming, and the meals were superb.
We had the excellent fortune of watching amazing elephant behavious, some that even Lucky hadn't seen - his shrieks of laughter as the young bucks challenged a hippo made me realize we were seeing something unique. And his deft driving when we got charged by an angry matriarch helped us realize that one truly must respect nature at all times.
I hope to return when I am next in South Africa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are situated in the vast Balule Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger Park. Get close up to the Big 5 & other animals on vehicle safaris & walks. Luxurious accommodation in a small, privately owned camp, excellent meals & South African hospitality at an extremely affordable price. Easy access via self-drive or daily flights & shuttles from Johannesburg. Relax around a swimming pool or under shady acacia trees.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohlabetsi Safari Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park