My wife Kathryn and I stayed 6 days in May. We were in one of the older style tent like cabins which we loved. They are being replaced by more modern units which are well appointed as well. All accommodation units have ensuites. The resort is set in a spectacular setting as well as overlooking an amazing wide sandy riverbed. During our entire stay we were spoiled rotten by a gorgeous couple Adrian and Kim who manage Drifters and overlook nothing. Our wish was their command and we were made to feel at home and very welcome at all times. The food here was 5 star as well, passionately prepared by James. They even serve sorbet between courses which is typical of the detail paid to everything. They even baked me a birthday cake! Prices for drinks was very reasonable and R50 ($5) took care of the washing. As for the Safaris, their resident guide and tracker Karl showed his skills in hunting us down the 'big 5' plus a host of other animals and birds. Meanwhile, back at the Lodge with that riverbed view, at times we had heards of Elephants meandering past along with the occasional Rhino or Water Buffalo. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend Drifters Game Lodge without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greenfire Game Lodge is situated in the Greater Kruger National Park and is the ideal venue for anyone wanting an intimate and exclusive experience in this world-famous African wildlife paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Greenfire Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drifters Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Greenfire Game Lodge South Africa/Kruger National Park