We stayed three nights at Kapama River Lodge in January 2012. Wonderful facilities, but if you are looking for a true african adventure, there are better options. The rangers are reluctant to take the vehicles off road, so most of the viewing is from existing dirt roads. Lots of animals to see, but felt more like being in a rather large zoo than actually in the African bush. The lodge accommodations are wonderful, clean and large but the dinner buffet becomes a little repetitious after a while. Spa is excellent and reasonably priced. I was a little put off that they charged for drinks when on safari at our stop for sundowners. For the price paid, it wouldn't hurt to provide a couple of small comps along the way. This is a great place and experience for the less adventurous, but if you want to see real Africa look for something a little less commercialized
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish, roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it. Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, South Africa