This was an amazing once in a lifetime experience and I can't imagine a more beautiful place to spend it. Everything is 5 star rooms, spa, service, food and while as is suggested in the reviews you don't go for the accommodations I find that if you are going to do these once in a lifetime things don't cut corners make the most of your experience.
The safari is outstanding as well. We had a tremendous guide and tracker (Jani and Magnum) and we saw the most incredible things - realize this is a game park so it is a natural wilderness that is restricted in access. Those reviewers suggesting its not a real safari seem just a little too jaded, among the things we saw were two cheetahs eating their fresh kill Wildebeest - seems pretty real to me and we had to trek off the dirt road to see it. We also went on a bush trek which away part of the package and got off the beaten path. Lastly we did an elephant safari which was very cool but in fairness not quite as real as the other safari days.
My observation was its your attitude that will make or break it along with your guide. Be warned you have to get up early but you can nap in the heat of the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish, roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it. Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, South Africa