Arriving at hoedspruit airport the kapama guide has splitted luggage in separated vans , as well as to join another guests suitcases from another flights.
This procedure has taken more than 4 hours for us to retrieve our luggage what made us almost loose the first safari. The written info regarding meals and schedules wasn't in the room what made us loose a breakfast at the first day.
However Generally we can refer the quality of kapama service and staff friendliness as the some resort levels we've known here in brazil.
Talking about rangers and assistants we'd impressed to such knowledge and experience shown related to practical safety instructions, animal behavior and curiosities.
They even had attend our inquiries to see some particular animals such as cheetah and elephants, etc.
However, lack of instructions in Portuguese/Spanish languages had made some of guests loose such richness of details & info related to the animals.
The excellent quality of meals and boma dinner had offered several international gastronomic options even for Brazilian taste, fresh ingredients and good quality lunch served before and during safaris/game drives.
Empathy and readiness of staff had workaround all the issues I'd mentioned, offering us a spectacular african jungle experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish, roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it. Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, South Africa