The staff is slow to respond to needs, and lacking in the quality when they do- for example, a) when I had 15 mins for breakfast, despite having 10 staff passing by me no one offered me coffee or tea, b) when I needed packed lunch, I got a nasty cheese sandwich with cold samosas (cold when I got them, so must have been from last night), and c) I came back with a bleeding hand and asked for a first aid kit, the receptionist asked me to wait for the ranger, and in the end the same receptionist was the one who helped with the wound very haphazardly. The ranger we were with was new and would stop the car short of the people in the back seeing them (I guess it's because she's taking photos herself). For some reason this reserve has both a tracker and a ranger (one drives and one looks)- most other resorts have only 1 guy who does everything. The ranger didn't even have a first aid kit and had to call another ranger to get it in the middle of the safari. The general staff was courteous but was more eager to chit chat than to ensure that the guest is comfortable.
Overall, i wouldn't go back or recommend going to kapama. I enjoyed Imbali 10x more, despite the 2 hour drive from hoedspruit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish, roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it. Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, South Africa