It was a good choice. The entrance to Kruger Park is about a 30 minutes drive but we saw elephants, giraffes and monkeys on the sand road when we just entered in the park. The accommodation was comfortable, very clean and front desk staff was pleasant all the time, although there was no wi-fi in the hotel and the small pool. We could hear lions roaring every night from the room, that was a freaky amazing experience. Our guide and tracker were the best and we experienced the most amazing up close encounters with the Big Five. We saw a baby elephant right after it was born. Definitely, we would return tomorrow if we could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish, roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it. Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, South Africa