This hotel is awesome. It starts when your ranger and tracker pick you up at the airport! My Ranger was John, he is the oldest ranger in Kapama and makes his most to find the animals for you! We saw cheetah, leopards, lions, buffalos, giraffes, zebras and a lot of impalas!
The rooms are amazing. We stayed in the Spa Suites. It's a 3 minute walking from the reception/restaurants. The room is wide, the bathroom is very nice with two sinks and an amazing bathtub with a great view of the savannah!
No TV though... But unless you are planning to quit the safaris to watch CNN, itãs one of the best choices in South Africa!
There is complimentary Wi fi connection in the rooms and the common areas.
The SPA is a little bit expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish, roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it. Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, South Africa