Kapama River Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kapama Buffalo Camp(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
View Hotel
Kapama Southern Camp(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
View Hotel
Kapama Karula(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
  • Pool
Toro Yaka Bush Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
  • Pool
Kurhula Wildlife Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
Hippo Pools Resort(Hoedspruit)
View Hotel
Garonga Safari Camp(Makalali Private Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
1,938 results
All reviewsspa suitegame drivessafari experiencethe reserveriver lodgesouth africabuffet stylewonderful experiencekruger parkoff roadhoedspruit airportwild animalswellness centrelunch and dinnerper dayelusive leopardour waiter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I cannot speak highly enough of the skilled trekkers and the pleasant and informative drivers. We saw all the animals. I would recommend 4 days minimum, where you go on a total of 8 game drives. Not every drive is successful and as you have seen most of the "big fives" you are obviously most interested in the one you have yet to find. You stay with the same group of people and have your evening meal together with your group and your driver. Meals were excellent. The drivers are in radio contact with each other, so when an animal is spotted they relay the location so everyone can get a chance. They have excellent rules so no one vehicle is monopolizing the location. The vehicles carry blankets and ponchoes in cvase of bad weather. I am a doctor specialising in travel medicine and it would appear to me that the malaria risk is very low in April. We saw no mosquitos and receivced no bites. Insect repellent and sunscreen should be used though. There is a pleasant swimming pool and a wonderful spa
The only thing that I was a little annoyed about was buying a bottle of sunscreen at the spa at a cost of 580 Rand.... that seems a little over the top folks.
My wife and I agreed it was a first class place and an experience of a life time. Thank you to an excellent driver (Chane) and Trekker (Stephen).

Room Tip: Best rooms upstairs
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JS1942
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Accommodation, food and experience all 5 star. Staff goes out of their way to make your stay fantastic. Their safari is unbelievable. You get to see so many animals. The private reserve is huge and excellent guide and driver.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jan P
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I visited Kapama with my parents and some family friends in March 2014 for 4 days.

It was out of this world! I would wholeheartedly recommend the resort to all my friends and family.

The lodge is absolutely beautiful - the rooms are huge, lovely and very clean (the cleaning lady visits twice a day!) and the views are breathtaking. All the staff were beyond friendly and attentive and really made us feel welcome and valued during our stay.

Our game rangers, Kevin and Michael, were beyond fantastic!!! We cannot imagine a better and more adventurous game experience to the one that they provided, they were truly brilliant. The game drives and all the extra activities are really well organised - you are never bored at Kapama! If you want to relax, two beautiful pools are available, a spa, a gym and the yummiest food is served almost constantly.

I honestly don't think our safari experience could have been any better, and we will remember it for years to come!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank vindybue
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Spent two nights here to begin a honeymoon. The room was perfect for gazing out into the wilderness while still offering comfort. Our guide, Jacques, was energetic, funny and informative. We enjoyed the property and service and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank calvin41
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was really impressed of the level of their service! Their entire personnel was exceptional from the manager to the room maids. I travel extensively around the world as a tour leader and I must admit that Kapama is a rare find in the industry!
I would like to commend especially on the following
Mr Mangane Johan, Assistant manager, was always there when my group needed him. I cannot praise enough his skills!
Elaine, at the reception, went the extra mile to meet my needs.
Vusi & Give were extremely helpful while on drives.
Collen & Maggie, our rangers, with their vast knowledge of the wildlife made our drives joyful.
Erasmus, the guy is really really bright! He is wasted in the kitchen. With his social skills he must be moved to another place in the hotel, closer to the clientele.

Although we were not supposed to stay in Kapama, an act of god, the flood of southern camps, made us stay with them. They managed to make us completely forget our strange luck!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends