I spent 5 nights at Buffalo Camp in the Lion Tent. The service from check in to check out was superb. Everyone was accommodating, professional, and genuinely nice. The accommodations were outstanding, with hot water bottles in my bed each and every night. Food was outstanding too as was, for me of course, a good a selection at the bar.
However, the greatest part of the camp were: The animals. I saw the Big Five more times then I can count. Lions just ambling along, eating their kills was great. The highlight for me was seeing a Cheetah chase down and kill an impala. It was like National Geographic live. Of course we saw the elephant, rhino, and hippos. We did see a Leopard, twice, however they are so quick and elusive, photographs were difficult.
If you are thinking of staying here, I cannot give it a greater recommendation. It is definitely worth it and every cent more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a traditional African safari camp, Kapama Buffalo Camp offers a unique and intimate experience in the African bush. It is ideal for discovering big game Africa in true safari tented style without compromising on comfort.Ten luxury build canvas tents, each sleeping two, are set on wooden decks built on stilts over a steep-sided riverbank. Wooden walkways interconnect the rooms, which are all in the upper reaches of tall riverine trees. The river below rarely flows and antelopes are seen daily walking along the sandy riverbed. Each tented room has all the usual comforts of electricity, en-suite bathroom, safe, writing table, wardrobe, low impact climate control, mini-bar and tea/coffee facilities. The communal areas of Buffalo Camp are on the riverbank, where gardens of succulent aloes and euphorbia are tended around the thatched bar, dining room, pool terrace and campfire. But the thick African bush is just a glance away, inhabited by animals like lion, hyena and jackal whose calls can be heard in the dead of night. Lanterns, rather than electric lights, glow at night under the trees, creating a special intimate ambience particular to Buffalo Camp.With a maximum of 20 guests at Buffalo Camp, special attention is paid to personal service and the staff become like friends. Kapama Buffalo Camp is a truly authentic way to experience the African bush. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, South African Hotels and Odigeo so you can book your Kapama Buffalo Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Buffalo Camp Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Buffalo Camp Kapama Private Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, South Africa