Just back from several days at nThanbo and were a bit disappointed. Like other recent travelers there, we found this camp in serious need of on-site management and supervision, and there is a serious lack of personnel to meet the needs of guests. We never met the camp director and were not welcomed or thanked by anyone in management for our business. In all, there were 3 cleaning/cooking staff and our Guide, Isaac, for all 7 guests...they worked their tails off trying to please and did a good job. But one could see that they were totally overwhelmed and exhausted. The rooms were basic and without charm, and hot water was barely adequate. Food was simple and served cafeteria style; nothing fancy, but adequate. Game viewing is good...we saw a lot of animals. In general, this might be a good camp with some enthusiatic on-site management, more staff and more attention to maintaining its facilities and vehicles. However, overall, we would not go back and would not recommend this camp to anyone else. If this is your only time going to Africa, try some other camp with enought staff and management on site to make it a memorable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- nThambo Tree Camp is a safari camp located in the Klaserie area of the Kruger Park. The camp offers daily morning and afternoon game drives to view the Big Five. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels and Booking.com so you can book your nThambo Tree Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nthambo Tree Camp Hotel Klaserie Private Game Reserve
- nThambo Tree Camp South Africa/Klaserie Private Game Reserve