this review is coming a little late - i stayed at the camp for 3 days in end June. and I had the time of my life. incidentally i was the only one at the camp, and they took great care of me. the camp is quite luxurious, but fortunately does not go overboard. i saw the big five, and the trip culminated on the last morning when we came across a lioness with two cubs, one being a white lion! could here lions close to the stilted huts, th camp being an unfenced one... quite an experience waking up in the middle of the night!
the guys from the camp were great at taking care of the place, were extremely informative and vigilant on game drives, shared stories about modern day south africa in the evenings, and even arranged for a braai for me one evening, given it was my first visit to the country.
i would definitely visit again...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- nThambo Tree Camp is a safari camp located in the Klaserie area of the Kruger Park. The camp offers daily morning and afternoon game drives to view the Big Five. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels and Booking.com so you can book your nThambo Tree Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nthambo Tree Camp Hotel Klaserie Private Game Reserve
- nThambo Tree Camp South Africa/Klaserie Private Game Reserve