We spent a couple nights at nThambo in October and a couple nights at its sister camp, Africa-On-Foot. Both camps are great and offer a little different take on accommodations and safari experience. The knowledge, enthusiasm and commitment to provide an amazing safari experience, between our guide Harvey and our tracker Isaac, was way above anything we had anticipated. We celebrated my husband's birthday at nThambo and they went way out of their way to find a cake for the evening celebrations with little advance warning - we even had a leopard sighting that day - the best gift anyone could have. We were able to stay with her for probably 20 minutes. The day before we spent well over a half an hour with a pride of lions - quietly observing their community - amazing! The accommodations at nThambo are first rate - food family style and delicious - and just a wonderful intimate and hospitable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- nThambo Tree Camp is a safari camp located in the Klaserie area of the Kruger Park. The camp offers daily morning and afternoon game drives to view the Big Five. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your nThambo Tree Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nthambo Tree Camp Hotel Klaserie Private Game Reserve
- nThambo Tree Camp South Africa/Klaserie Private Game Reserve