Before booking this place I read the reviews and couldn't really believe that absolutely everyone had given 5 stars. After spending 4 nights in nThambo I now understand why.
Located in the middle of the bush the lodge has 5 rustic but beautifully decorated huts. A large four post bed with mosquito netting, a great shower with hot water and a balcony with a marvelous view of the bush make for a supreme place to spend the nights. We even took a couple of naps in the early afternoon and the breeze an the view made us sleep like babies. One important thing to keep in mind is that you'll have lots of bugs at night. They won't get into the bed thanks to the net but if you're afraid of bugs/mots this is not the place for you.
The game drives were incredible. We saw the big 5 within 24hrs and then again on the next day. We even found wild dogs (a rare sighting) and even lion cubs and baby elephants!
None of this would have been so nice without the incredible service of Kevin, Isaac and Francois who made us feel more like friends than guests. Thank you guys !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- nThambo Tree Camp is a safari camp located in the Klaserie area of the Kruger Park. The camp offers daily morning and afternoon game drives to view the Big Five. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your nThambo Tree Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nthambo Tree Camp Hotel Klaserie Private Game Reserve
- nThambo Tree Camp South Africa/Klaserie Private Game Reserve